sunderland

JH

Some people are thick. :lol:

I guess the players were just so motivated under Keegan that they magically played such great pass and move football?

Aye. The transformation of Allardyces fear-ridden squad into a slick passing unit was down to Keggy's cheer leading antics. Nowt to do with withdrawing Owen into role as the head of a midfield diamond and setting up a midfield trio which made the best use of Geremi and Barton.

MoN's problem has always been that he doesn't really trust foreign players so he ends up paying over the odds for British players. Unless you can afford the very best that means you can end up with a team that's hard working and committed but not quite good enough to challenge for the European slots. Then he gets pissed of with coming up short after a couple of years and resigns.

don't you mean once, at villa?

Villa's really the only real barometer though. His side at Leicester was fairly basic and route one and it's hard to judge his time in Scottish football with it being a sub-standard league. He spent a lot of money at Villa to stand still.

leicester weren't great but they certainly weren't hoofball merchants either, lets not forget he won the league cup twice with them as well

this is getting out of hand, let's assume there are the following broad categories of manager:

shit

poor

average

above average

good

great

o'neill is somewhere between above average and good for me, keegan for a time burned between good and looking great but ultimately he'll never be viewed as anything more than above average imo

Someone was asking for it before.

Data sourced from BBC

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ytwojn.png

Wow. We all suspected they had been riding their luck big time, guess this proves it.

Honeymoon definitely over now like, looks like Sess will be off in summer, McLean has been sussed and can't see MON being given much to spend - continued mediocrity beckons I reckon.

Fucking hell.  Are people seriously debating the calibre of manager Keegan was?

He's not up in the SAF/Arsene/Rafa/Mourinho/Pep catagory etc, but what he did for this club, he can never be classed anything lower than great.

Anyone who think's he's average is completely wrong.

How the hell do we get fined £40k and them £20k for failing to control our players when they had two sent off, one for violent conduct and the other for disrespecting the referee...,after the final fuking whistle!?

FA showing they are a fuking joke, at every single level and decision they make.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Someone was asking for it before.

Data sourced from BBC

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ytwojn.png

Wow. We all suspected they had been riding their luck big time, guess this proves it.

Arsenal Home - Two Own Goals

West Brom away - N/A

Newcastle home - Several clear penalty decisions denied, soft one given,

Liverpool home - scored very, very, very lucky goal against a poor liverpool team

Everton - Very lucky to get through it, two obvious penalties not given,

Blackburn - N/a

You can go through the entire O'Neill spell and in nearly every match a major result goes their way. For instance his first against Blackburn - blackburn get a goal disallowed for nothing, Bramble escapes a clear as day red card/penalty, Stoke away - Huth sent off for nothing, Arsenal home (1-2) Mertersacker collapses injured allowing CLASSY McLean to play on and score.

Etc etfuckingceteraaaarr

Guest Roger Kint

How the hell do we get fined £40k and them £20k for failing to control our players when they had two sent off, one for violent conduct and the other for disrespecting the referee...,after the final fuking whistle!?

FA showing they are a fuking joke, at every single level and decision they make.

Or FA follwoing their own rules and doubling our fine as its the second time this season.........

Guest johnson293

Apparently the standard fine is £20k - ours has been doubled since it was the 2nd incident like this for us this season (Arsenal at home, Barton/Gervinho being the first).

They have been running on Irish leprechaun luck ever since MONg arrived hopefully its finally running out and its not like his expertise's in the transfer market will save them  :lol:

18.5m for Reo Coker and Curtis Davies ffs  :lol:

I for one will be green with envy should they spend that sort of money on those two players this summer.

I would be even greener with envy should they replace Sessegnon with Heskey. Please do not do this, MON.

MoN is an above average manager ? That remains to be seen. Nothing I've seen so far in his career would suggest that.

:lol: what?

what do you class as an average manager then?

MON is just an Irish KK. Above average motivator, lacking in the other skills needed to be a decent manager.

This is wrong.

Fixed for you :thup:

Newcastle have been fined £40,000 and Sunderland £20,000 after both clubs accepted misconduct charges following their bad-tempered derby on 4 March.

*mackems celebrating picture*

MoN is an above average manager ? That remains to be seen. Nothing I've seen so far in his career would suggest that.

:lol: what?

what do you class as an average manager then?

MON is just an Irish KK. Above average motivator, lacking in the other skills needed to be a decent manager.

This.

However you feel about KK walking away for a second time, he is a lot more than a decent manager. If you think playing some of the best and most exciting football the PL has seen makes him just decent then you're wrong. He created fluid football, gave players confidence to do what they wanted to do and played people in their best roles. I don't wish to bring up another KK debate but I'm not going to stand for anyone calling him just a decent manager.

Could someone please tell me what O'Neill has done for him to have the status many give him ? It's not even as if his teams play stuff that's good to watch.

good talker in interviews- gets lapped up- lifts his profile- end of.

Are the rumours true that Pennywell is hosting Classtonbury this year?

Aye, the fears that there may be a lack of portaloos because of the Olympics are unfounded, as Pennywell is actually one big shithole.

Classy shithole tbf

Being a sunderland fan from when he was young usually gets you a MBE in Sunderland.

It's also the easiest of football clubs to be a "legend" at.

You can be the most average of players but simply write FTM somewhere or kiss the badge and it's lifetime legendary status guaranteed.

Vandalising poor innocent people's cars in Newcastle seems to work too.