sunderland

JH

Who's just died? I'm reading tweets and someone related to safc passed away in the night.

Edit: it isn't anyone currently working for safc.

Ian Laws... Think he is a journalist at the Sunderland Echo (Sunderland Echo...)

The Mirror (ie. Alan Nixon) believes Sunderland are ready to make a £1.5m bid for Kevin Davies. We'd be stupid to turn that down if it's true - he's 35 this year.

His wife posted this on Twitter a couple of hours ago: "'Never thought reading the back page of BN (Bolton News) would give me such a lump in my throat'". It is referring to this article: http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/9493123.Is_this_the_end_for_Big_Kev_/

Hmm. This rumour might have legs.

Just to point out:

Le Toux as a Davies replacement maybe? Random signing, indeed.

I would not be even remotely surprised if MON went for Kevin Davies. He's exactly what he likes up front.

Big, strong, limited, and already playing in this country, so he doesn't have to make any fucking effort.

BOOM!

Always rated Davies quite highly throughout his time in the Premier League, think he's underrated by a lot of people. Don't see the point of Sunderland signing him now mind, surely they won't.

He's a canny player and a good professional, which is why he's still playing and scoring regularly in the premier league at the age he is.  But I'd like Sunderland to sign him because it demostrates which route they're going down in buying over the hill 'safe' premier league experienced players.  It's something we used to do a lot and it got us nowhere.

Still can't really see it happening.

"Sunderland are giving a trial to Peru international defender Jesus Rabanal.

The 26-year-old left-back came over earlier this month for a training spell with Doncaster."

lol. Skinto

Big thread on there about saying they need to reduce ticket prices.

Aren't they cheap as chips anyway?

Aren't a lot of their tickets free, are they going to start paying fans to go watch them?  :lol:

Guest johnson293

"Sunderland are giving a trial to Peru international defender Jesus Rabanal.

The 26-year-old left-back came over earlier this month for a training spell with Doncaster."

lol. Skinto

Looks like O'Neill was tellign the truth when he joined, and said him and Short hadn't discussed money.....

...Because there is no money to spend!!  :iamatwat:

They literally give thousands of tickets away for free to colleges, schools, disabled charities and others. Even with this they still cant fill a 42,000 seater stadium  :lol:

They always spout shite about the economic climate and the cost of going to the match, while another football team 12 miles up the road regularly sell out their 52,000 capacity ground. Must be sickening haha.