Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spurs will win it imo.

Probably. But we should have no reason to fear them. In the two league games vs them this season we've effectively drawn on aggregate.

If we get past Anzhi Makakakakakakakakakakala then I'm hoping for Basel in the next round.

To be honest the only teams I fear at the moment are Spurs and Chelsea. The only other team I fear is us ourselves.

Nothing like getting ahead of ourselves !

Seriously who is left?

Fenerbache? A tough away game but we should beat them at home and tough away games against Metalist and Anzi show we are up to the challenge.

Lazio? Spurs managed to contain them.

Inter? Probably not going through but Spurs hammered them and could have and should have beaten them by a bigger margin, certainly beatable.

Benfica? An ageing squad.

We have came through some of the toughest tests so far.

If we get through I'd like anyone other than Spurs or Chelsea even if it meant it was a more difficult tie. Want a proper European team not a team we play twice a season anyway

Pretty much this. With the away leg second, becaue I wont get time off work to go to the away leg if it's the first leg because of Financial year end.

To be honest the only teams I fear at the moment are Spurs and Chelsea. The only other team I fear is us ourselves.

Nothing like getting ahead of ourselves !

Seriously who is left?

Fenerbache? A tough away game but we should beat them at home and tough away games against Metalist and Anzi show we are up to the challenge.

Lazio? Spurs managed to contain them.

Inter? Probably not going through but Spurs hammered them and could have and should have beaten them by a bigger margin, certainly beatable.

Benfica? An ageing squad.

We have came through some of the toughest tests so far.

Benfica and Lazio would be quite heavy favourites against us tbh, we can beat them but we are heavy outsiders in the bookies for a reason.

I think it's going to be tough, but the players have to realise, this is their chance for glory and seize it with both hands. I won't be standing for any more 'solid' performances, I want us to look our best.

:lol: Benfica are class man, years ahead of us.

No chance, I've seen all their European games this season and been twice in the last 5 days. They bullied an awful Gil Vicente 5-0 last night. We would beat them easily over two legs in my opinion.

No chance, I've seen all their European games this season and been twice in the last 5 days. They bullied an awful Gil Vicente 5-0 last night. We would beat them easily over two legs in my opinion.

Says the guy with a Sporting Lisbon badge as his avatar :lol:

Says the guy with a Sporting Lisbon badge as his avatar :lol:

I've got no bias, I live in Lisbon but watch both teams. I just prefer Sporting as they need the support and Benfica are pretty much the Man Utd of Portugal.

Perhaps but there is no way in hell we are beating Benfica "easily" over two legs, hell we couldn't beat Stoke and Southampton easily :lol:

They huffed and puffed against Bordeaux last week winning 1-0. Believe me, they are not some super-team, they play in a very poor domestic league and they wouldn't be able to handle our Frenchies.

i don't fear anyone thats left and i don't think Pardew and the players will be either and i would be fancying our chances even against Spurs and Chelsea over 2 legs,  especially as they have the added distraction of battling out for 4th spot.

i don't fear anyone thats left and i don't think Pardew and the players will be either and i would be fancying our chances even against Spurs and Chelsea over 2 legs,  especially as they have the added distraction of battling out for 4th spot.

I don't fear anyone tbf but i do feel there's quite a lot of teams left we would big underdogs against.

I still will go into tie with shit tonnes of confidence mind.