Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So can any of the Rafa-to-replace-Pardew-please brigade explain to me how his approach to his game and indeed many others (in his time at Chelsea) is in any major way more attacking/adventurous than Pardew's?

It's not... but people tend to prefer defensive tacticians when they're able to get their team to defend successfully. Defensively minded teams that concede 6 goals aren't really in style right now.

Why bother man? :lol:

So can any of the Rafa-to-replace-Pardew-please brigade explain to me how his approach to his game and indeed many others (in his time at Chelsea) is in any major way more attacking/adventurous than Pardew's?

Can we leave the Alan Pardew debate out of one thread. I'm actually enjoying watching football.

I don't think it's irrelevant when we've played Benfica and looked better suited to combat them than Chelsea on this evidence (first game at the very least) and when people are advocating Rafa as a Pardew replacement because they are sick of his style of football.. :lol:

Can we leave the Alan Pardew debate out of one thread. I'm actually enjoying watching football.

I don't think it's irrelevant when we've played Benfica and looked better suited to combat them than Chelsea on this evidence (first game at the very least) and when people are advocating Rafa as a Pardew replacement because they are sick of his style of football.. :lol:

:lol: Better suited to combat Benfica. We lost 3-1 ffs. This game is currently goalless.

I think most realize that Rafa won't bring any attractive to the table, I just think most think that he's a far better choice than Pardew and more realistic than others at the moment.

I don't think it's irrelevant either, but I'd rather enjoy the match (I know, I know, I replied to your post etc).

:lol: Better suited to combat Benfica. We lost 3-1 ffs. This game is currently goalless.

Oh right, because Pardew told Cisse to miss those chances and instructed Santon and Saylor to hand them two goals. We looked a far greater threat to Benfica than Chelsea has done so far.

Comparing Chelsea and Newcastle vs Benfica? Seriously?

Look at Rafa's body of work in his entire career and look at Pardew's career. The answer is plain and simple. If you can't see that and decided you're going to base it on a cup final then you need your damn head checked.

Look at Rafa's body of work in his entire career and look at Pardew's career. The answer is plain and simple. If you can't see that and decided you're going to base it on a cup final then you need your damn head checked.

:)

I've seen plenty of Rafa Benitez to know he will be hounded out by our fans at the first sign of a below par season once they realise his football isn't much better than Pardew's.

Excellent analysis that man - as we'd be sitting in the top 7 with Rafa in charge and people wouldn't give 2 flying f***s either way how "attractive" we were playing.

I've seen plenty of Rafa Benitez to know he will be hounded out by our fans at the first sign of a below par season once they realise his football isn't much better than Pardew's.

I reckon Pardew's "not much better" football would be much more popular if it resulted in winning some games every now and then like.