Newcastle United vs Wolves - 25/2/12 @ 3pm

Skirge

I appreciate people's disappointment and share some of it myself, but in fairness it's the same side that beat Man Utd with Cisse in place of Shola...

Indeed but still, I'm quite bitterly disappointed that Ben Arfa's not likely to start this one. We need to attack Wolves from the off and Ben Arfa can do that. Sure Raylor might be able to chip in and do a decent-ish job but let's be honest, he doesn't exactly fright the life of the opposition. Considering all the factors (home advantage at St. James'; Wolves being defensively s****; us having a full strength team out), the Wolves game is the best time to unleash the Hatem. Hmmm.

I've said this before though, let's see what happens between now and the end of the season regarding Ben Arfa before we jump to early conclusions (I can understand people coming to such conclusions but there's still time for things to change).

I appreciate people's disappointment and share some of it myself, but in fairness it's the same side that beat Man Utd with Cisse in place of Shola...

Indeed but still, I'm quite bitterly disappointed that Ben Arfa's not likely to start this one. We need to attack Wolves from the off and Ben Arfa can do that. Sure Raylor might be able to chip in and do a decent-ish job but let's be honest, he doesn't exactly fright the life of the opposition. Considering all the factors (home advantage at St. James'; Wolves being defensively s****; us having a full strength team out), the Wolves game is the best time to unleash the Hatem. Hmmm.

I've said this before though, let's see what happens between now and the end of the season regarding Ben Arfa before we jump to early conclusions (I can understand people coming to such conclusions but there's still time for things to change).

When i 've seen ben Arfa start he's been poor, and teams double up on him and he's tries to beat them and gets caught out. he's a 20 minute impact player to come on when teams are tired.

what's up with all the blind positivity mate? Sadly looks as if he's clearly behind Ober and Taylor and I reckon Pards would put Guthrie out there before him too as a reward for past performances. If he's here by Sep 1st it will be a miracle like.

what's up with all the blind positivity mate? Sadly looks as if he's clearly behind Ober and Taylor and I reckon Pards would put Guthrie out there before him too as a reward for past performances. If he's here by Sep 1st it will be a miracle like.

Just the way I roll! In any case, think it's best to wait until the end of the season before a proper judgement can be made (unless the Ben Arfa situation doesn't improve whatsoever in the next month and a half so, ie. he's not starting at all. If this is so, then I may change my view but until that happens, still somewhat confident about Ben Arfa's chances here).

While I take Rich's point about that being the same side that beat Man Utd (apart from Shola for Cisse), this will be more of a Swansea or Wigan type game where the onus will be on us (excuse the pun) to break them down. With Ba and Cisse we certainly have a good chance, and in fairness to Raylor - for whatever reason - he's been getting assists all season.

Personally, whilst I'd be upset to see HBA miss out on the starting line-up, I think it'd be a tenable decision - if not one that I would choose myself. If we don't get the rub of the green and we fail to pry them open, or if we're profligate in possession and get done at the other end, he'll deserve criticism if he subsequently isn't bold in his choice and timing of substitutions.

Ryan Taylor has 1 more assist than Ben Arfa has in the league and they have the same number of league goals.  Ryan Taylor shouldn't start but I'm sure that he will.

Find myself really gutted that we'll not see Ben Arfa from the start, if at all. Depressing state of affairs. I want to see the best players playing for Newcastle, not sitting on the bench.

If someone had told me after that Everton game that he'd eventually be behind Ryan Taylor in the pecking order, I'd have had them sectioned.

Find myself really gutted that we'll not see Ben Arfa from the start, if at all. Depressing state of affairs. I want to see the best players playing for Newcastle, not sitting on the bench.

If someone had told me after that Everton game that he'd eventually be behind Ryan Taylor in the pecking order, I'd have had them sectioned.

It's fucking depressing.

It's fucking depressing.

Aye.

I'm fucking livid about this HBA situation, and i makes me a sad panda.

I would have given so much to see a player like that get a descent chance in this team...

I think i have to let the whole HBA thing go, just accept he will not be here next season, instead of thinking about what could have been etc... Driving me nuts.

What's particularly disappointing about the Ben Arfa situation is that he hasn't done anything wrong since he got here. For all his reputation about being difficult, there hasn't been a problem with him at all since he became a Newcastle player.

Pardew dropped him after a few games, said Ben Arfa needs to work harder. Ben Arfa responds by working much harder, but as soon as he has a couple of bad games he's dropped again.

Looking more and more like Pardew just doesn't like the guy, unfortunately.

Wolves fan at work says he's fearing the worst with Terry Connor in charge for Saturday.  Reckon's well dick them about 4/5-0  :lol:

Love fans of the west midlands teams, me.  They're so fed up all the time  :lol:

I dont blame them, living in the midlands and what not it cant be that exciting.

Wolves fan at work says he's fearing the worst with Terry Connor in charge for Saturday.  Reckon's well dick them about 4/5-0  :lol:

Love fans of the west midlands teams, me.  They're so fed up all the time  :lol:

I dont blame them, living in the midlands and what not it cant be that exciting.

Dunno, plenty of shootings to keep you on your toes.

it's the accent. it's impossible to get any sort of joy out of life when you think in that accent. if cheryl cole spoke black country she'd be a 3/10.

Looking more and more like we'll be up against a caretaker manager.

Good news, will be disastrous if we don't win.

Can you remember the time when we played an away game with the caretaker manager as Nigel Pearson :lol:

Newcastle's fans, stunned by Harry Redknapp's refusal to succeed sacked Sam Allardyce, paraded banners calling for the appointment of Alan Shearer.

But the Tyneside legend is unlikely to have been tempted towards the hot-seat by what was on offer from a wretched Newcastle side, who conceded all six goals in the second half.

From the BBC report on that game.

Dunno, plenty of shootings to keep you on your toes.

:lol: :lol:

It's f***ing depressing.

Aye.

I'm f***ing livid about this HBA situation, and i makes me a sad panda.

I would have given so much to see a player like that get a descent chance in this team...

I think i have to let the whole HBA thing go, just accept he will not be here next season, instead of thinking about what could have been etc... Driving me nuts.

Ben Arfa is still in that first season syndrome of adjusting to the Premier League as he has missed so many games.  Unfortunately, he is not being given the chance to get used to playing in the league and not every player has the immediate impact of Tiote or Cabaye.