Arsenal vs Newcastle United - 12/03/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) - pre-match thread

Dave

Why are people putting Cisse as the striker and Ba as the left forward?

From what I've seen , Cisse likes to get out wide and deliver a few crosses, i think its a bit a disservice to just say he's a finisher and would be more suited to that role than Ba.

Guest Brazilianbob

I fully expect to see RVP camped on Williamsons shoulder all night, so not really expecting a result in our favour.

Why are people putting Cisse as the striker and Ba as the left forward?

From what I've seen , Cisse likes to get out wide and deliver a few crosses, i think its a bit a disservice to just say he's a finisher and would be more suited to that role than Ba.

I have seen Ba play LF at West Ham and at other times, its more based on the fact iam certain Ba would pull the role off......

I dont have the same confidence in Cisse, he should stay in the middle perhaps you could say the same for Ba but if you want 5 man midfield system then IMO atleast Ba is better suited to the LW role.

We can play 5 in midfield and play Cisse and Ben Arfa btw......

Krul

Simpson Williamson Colo Santon

Tiote Jonas

Cabaye

Ben Arfa----------------------Ba

Cisse

I like this set up very much.

Taylor out should be a blessing in disguise.

Pardew was never gonna drop him and he'd look lost playing against a team who move it around as quickly as Arsenal do. Simpson and Santon should at least be able to match them athletically, if in no other sense.

Raylor starting? :anguish:

Chill, just some training pics :yao:

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Not+sure+if+gusta+template.+Not+mine.+Sorry+if+this_4278de_3232692.jpg

Taylor tweeted that he's out.

Yep, noticed that. Now we only have to worry about Obertan. I can't really see it happening, as it would make no sense AT ALL. I've changed my mind, Ben Arfa is starting. [/happy thoughts]

:yao:

Krul

Santon      Colo      Willi    Ferguson

Tiote  Guthrie

Ben Arfa        Cabaye            Jonas

Ba

This gives Ben Arfa some cover so he can go forward, Jonas and Ferguson have link well when going forward before, and Jonas can cover for Ferguson when defending. It also helps out the back in Tiote and Guthrie acting as defencive mids.

We can play 5 in midfield and play Cisse and Ben Arfa btw......

Krul

Simpson Williamson Colo Santon

Tiote Jonas

Cabaye

Ben Arfa----------------------Ba

Cisse

This is why we still lose tonight.