Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 18/3/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

:lol: Happy for 3 points.

But my god we play shit, its unbelievable....

Pardew need to get this team playing football ffs.

Williamson, what the fuck have happened with him, so so so shit.

Perch was easily the MOM today, happy someone showed up today.

The football we play at the moment is worrying, we are one of the worst teams in the PL to play football tbh, can not hold the ball in the team. Can not control matches.

Don`t know who to blame, Pardew or that we don`t have players that are as good as it sounds.... :undecided:

Guest firetotheworks

Personally I thought Guthrie was our MOTM. He was dictating the football when we actually decided to play it on the ground.

I only saw the second half and we weren't entirely terrible, particularly towards the end.

Ended up with 60% possession too, so we must've been fucking amazing first half if the second looks so bad in comparison

Shocking performance. There was very little effort and we were playing with fear, for some reason. An awful, turgid match, it was almost identical to the match against QPR.

Ffs little effort!? Can't you realize how hard we press them at 1st half? Rematch the match you fucking idiot.

Guest Heneage

It all felt very tedious. The players looked lethargic for the most part and while I value the win, the performance left a lot to be desired.

Those first 15 minutes we hassled and harried them non-stop, we were reaching the ball as they attempted to pass it around their back 4. We got the goal, and not long after that seemed to take a step back and give them as much time as they wanted. Just didn't understand it. The complete opposite of what they did, as they pressed us harder and harder and gave our players barely 2 seconds to breathe. Yet our players seemed the most fucking knackered, too.

Great result ground out by us, but completely unnecessary.

Another game where we only turned up for one half. Pretty much did the usual and took the foot off the pedal after we went 1-0.  The fucking foot was draped out the car window far from the pedal in the second half.

Have to cut out this habit of sloppy passes we have found ourselves in. Still dont know how we had gaping holes through the middle when we had three playing there, and we were pretty much raped down the flanks at the same time in that second half. Our midfield was disappointing again.

Lots of plus points though, Perch, Cisse's movement, Jonas playing very well. Midfield is worrying though. We showed what happens when we give our front two chances, please can we learn from that and do it more often. Stopping doing it after we are in front is not good enough.

Think the players let Pardew down in that second half. Pretty happy with Pardews subs and tactics today. We need to find a greater attacking need and killer instinct.

Nice 1st half, team went to pieces 2nd half for no reason

Mainly two reasons, our stamina all spent on first half, and Norwich gave great pressure to our defenders and force them to clear the ball.  This was the opposite to what we did - we pressed them unbelievably hard for the first half and forced them to hoof the ball.

We didn't use hoof ball tactics. Our players tried very hard not to hoof the ball unless there was no option available.  This should be credited. Well I know no one here would understand this.

Yeah, agree with that mostly, but I think part of the reason we ran out of steam so quickly was that everyone seemed to be confused by the system we were playing.

I am starting to think that all the doom mongers were right, Pardew isnt the reason we are 6th we are 6th despite of him  :lol:

Performances seem to get worse everyweek  :lol:

Pardew owes perch a nosh like, maybe even a rusty trombone.

Ugly win. Seriously, I know we should play better and I know that some of Pardew's tactics are a bit strange but, come the end of the season, will anyone ask how we got into Europe? No, we have to get 5th/6th and that's with wins and not with great performances. Next game please.

There's a lot of talk of 'good first half, shit second half'. Does no one else think we went down the drain after 15 minutes? We got a couple of very good chances after the goal, but there was no sustained good football and I felt Norwich had already taken control of the game.

Shocking performance. There was very little effort and we were playing with fear, for some reason. An awful, turgid match, it was almost identical to the match against QPR.

Ffs little effort!? Can't you realize how hard we press them at 1st half? Rematch the match you f***ing idiot.

I'm happy having to watch it just once, I will take the win. Your right of course. Effort was way less in the second half but we were committed but disorganized, lacking any killer instinct and the sloppiest of joes in possesion. Midfield might just have been in the directors box they seemed invisible.

Great result ground out by us, but completely unnecessary.

Another game where we only turned up for one half. Pretty much did the usual and took the foot off the pedal after we went 1-0.  The f***ing foot was draped out the car window far from the pedal in the second half.

Have to cut out this habit of sloppy passes we have found ourselves in. Still dont know how we had gaping holes through the middle when we had three playing there, and we were pretty much raped down the flanks at the same time in that second half. Our midfield was disappointing again.

Lots of plus points though, Perch, Cisse's movement, Jonas playing very well. Midfield is worrying though. We showed what happens when we give our front two chances, please can we learn from that and do it more often. Stopping doing it after we are in front is not good enough.

Think the players let Pardew down in that second half. Pretty happy with Pardews subs and tactics today. We need to find a greater attacking need and killer instinct.

Story of our season really. How long have we been stuck in the 40-50 points mark now?

I don't know why people seem so shocked by the performance. I thought we did quite well and could have easily won by a few more goals.

Norwich never really put us under pressure and they are a good team, that we are competing with.