Newcastle United v Liverpool - Sunday 1st April 2012 1:30pm (Live on Sky Sports)

Sima

People really don't want to do the banner? We're still challenging for top six even if we lose, the point will still fucking stand. If it were possible I would definitely do it. I'm actually going to be incredibly annoyed if this banner isn't made, it's a such a great idea ffs.

Would anyone not swap Liverpool's season (on the pitch) for ours like?

If they hadn't won a cup and weren't still  going strong in the FA Cup as well then maybe we could gloat a bit. But the move has been a good one for him in all honesty, looks fairly small time to be having a dig at him, such an easy comeback for him given that he has a medal to his name since leaving us.

That's not even relevant in terms of the quote though. He said one of the reasons he was leaving was because we would never challenge for top six again, which we are doing just a year after that. If he wants to go on an outburst to force himself out of the club, then I don't see what's wrong with reminding him he was wrong. It's not even like this a big deal or something, it's just a bit of banter, one of the best parts about football.

It's a bit small-time aye.. Finishing 6th (we haven't yet) would be a great achievement but it's hardly a good enough reason to brag. Reminds me of Stevie Bruce and the mackems' celebrations of mediocrity! WE WERE 10th IN DA LEAGUE!!

If they hadn't won a cup and weren't still  going strong in the FA Cup as well then maybe we could gloat a bit. But the move has been a good one for him in all honesty, looks fairly small time to be having a dig at him, such an easy comeback for him given that he has a medal to his name since leaving us.

I wonder if Oba Martins thinks his career has went swimmingly compared to ours since he's left because he too has the same medal.

You are missing the point.

He left us, and told us via twitter that we would never fight for a top 6 spot.

Guess fucking what, we are still here, fighting for that 6th spot. point stands.

Its not a matter that he moved, or won a cup medal. I am not saying he made a bad move, if he was set for the move, no problem, let him go.

But no reason to slag off the club after you leave, no reason at all. Shut up and enjoy life in beautiful, charming Liverpool,  please remember to lock your door at night Jose, they take stuff.

It's a bit small-time aye.. Finishing 6th (we haven't yet) would be a great achievement but it's hardly a good enough reason to brag. Reminds me of Stevie Bruce and the mackems' celebrations of mediocrity! WE WERE 10th IN DA LEAGUE!!

it's not exactly 'bragging' tho is it? it's basically just a comeback to him having a pop at us before he left, imo fully justified, as he was a cunt....and as said above, it's just a bit of banter

This is the biggest game we have had in a while IMO. Got told I was working on Sunday all day, only for me to be ridiculously ill and unable to work. Oh yeah get to watch the footie!

"comedy faces" :lol:

Wullie has never been a bag of flowers like, bless him. :lol:

How is it grumpiness to say something that is clearly not funny... is not funny? :lol:

They're in every fucking post on here and it's bloody tedious! :razz:

How is it grumpiness to say something that is clearly not funny... is not funny? :lol:

:yao:

Think you're like the only person in internet-land that doesn't like them. 

I can understand people in the real world not getting them.

I just know you'll have taken one look at them and decided "right, I don't like the look of these things, I'm deciding here and now that they're all shite". :lol:

Can fully understand not liking them btw, just you do tend to be a bit cynical. :pow:

I am incredibly nervous about this game. I know a lot of Liverpool. If we win the fuckers will get the biggest slagging of all time.

...and then you can just point to the league table, and/or the amount spent on transfers and wages.

I don't even f***ing understand them tbf.

Went into that thread in GC once or twice and was thoroughly bemused by the whole experience.

Although I have no idea what half of them are meant to signify I can just about tolerate them on the internet, but to use them on a banner at a football match is scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit imo.