Newcastle United v Liverpool - Sunday 1st April 2012 1:30pm (Live on Sky Sports)

Sima

Guest andrew

It's just the absence of colo really mate. I'm not convinced he holds a line that well or communicates/understands well enough yet with his team mates. I just feel Raylor can lead a bit and keep us tight.

i'd usually want santon there, but i'm scared of him bombing forward and leaving the gap, doesn't usually bother me as colo covers well, haven't got the confidence in perch doing that and then getting back across to help williamson.

wouldn't mind jonas in there with cabaye tiote and guthrie in a midfield 3

Our defence is dodgy BUT going forward we are a dream

The pressure is firmly on them, if they come to attack us then they leave themselves vulnerable to our counter attack, hopefully they will be stuck in 2 minds and play shite like they have for most of the season

:lol: Steady on, it was one game.

Wew soz. Are you his Dad or summit like?

:lol: You're good for the odd completely off the wall comment out of nowhere like.

R Taylor was subbed off at HT at Anfield because Downing was killing him. He can not start.

No he wasn't.

He was subbed because he had been booked and pards was worried he'd get a 2nd yellow.

Santon scares the shit out of me because he can't defend and is terribly one footed. he's a young kid who needs eased in.

R Taylor was subbed off at HT at Anfield because Downing was killing him. He can not start.

No he wasn't.

He was subbed because he had been booked and pards was worried he'd get a 2nd yellow.

Santon scares the shit out of me because he can't defend and is terribly one footed. he's a young kid who needs eased in.

And he was booked and was risking a 2nd yellow because he couldn't handle Downing.

No he wasn't.

Santon scares the s*** out of me because he can't defend and is terribly one footed. he's a young kid who needs eased in.

Raylor also made Downing look like... HBA.

No he wasn't.

Santon scares the s*** out of me because he can't defend and is terribly one footed. he's a young kid who needs eased in.

Wow. Haters gonna hate apparently.

Guest fraser

Personally, I look forward to seeing how they deal with our Holy Trinity and the effect that this has on their midfield. I am cautiously optimistic.

Has Cisse scored more PL goals for us than Carroll has for Liverpool yet ?

Nope Carroll has 5 in 31 appearances.

Whereas Cissé has 5 PL goals in 6 appearances. Nice.

could so easily have been 8 in 6.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9170029/Former-Newcastle-striker-Andy-Carroll-is-nervous-about-returning-to-Sports-Direct-Arena-with-Liverpool.html

Liverpool striker Andy Carroll admits he is nervous about his Newcastle United homecoming this weekend.

Fourteen months on from his £35 million switch from Tyneside to Merseyside, Carroll heads back to the Sports Direct Arena with the clubs having suffered vastly different Premier League fortunes.

Newcastle are eight points ahead of Liverpool going in to the game and it is them who still harbour realistic Champions League qualifying ambitions.

Carroll may get a mixed reception from his former supporters and says he will be anxious before kick-off.

“I don’t usually get nervous but this might be a bit different,” said Carroll. “All of my family and friends will be there but they’re so big on football that I’m not sure who they’ll be supporting.

“It’s great to see Newcastle doing so well. Obviously I support them, was brought up there and was lucky enough to play for them. They will always mean something.”

Carroll’s spell on Merseyside has not yielded the goals and physical impact Liverpool hoped for, and he is often linked with a return to his former club.

However, with one cup won and another still possible, the 22 year-old rejects the suggestion there has been minimal progress at Anfield.

“We need to be higher in the Premier League and I think everyone knows that,” said Carroll. “We know we must win more games at home. But we have done very well in the cups so far, winning the Carling Cup and reaching the semis of the FA Cup. So there has been progress. If we were to win a double in the cups, it would give everyone a massive lift going into next season.

“As a player, the confidence winning trophies brings is huge. It gives you a lot of pride to say you were part of Liverpool’s history. I came here to win trophies and medals but I didn’t think it would happen so quickly.”

Carroll is not the only member of the Liverpool contingent returning to Tyneside. Craig Bellamy and Jose Enrique are also former players, while manager Kenny Dalglish endured a brief spell in the dugout in the late Nineties.

Despite his troubles, Carroll says he is indebted to Dalglish and Geordie legend Alan Shearer for their help during his career.

“I’ve been very lucky to learn from those two,” he told Liverpool’s Official Magazine. “OK, Shearer was only manager at Newcastle for a short time but his presence, his aura, was special.

“Dalglish always talks to us, whether it’s about training, matches or other things. He’s always there helping us, teaching something new.”