Swansea vs Newcastle United - 06/04/12 @ 4:30pm (live on Sky)

Beren

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Perch  Santon

Tiote

Cabaye  Jonas

HBA                            Ba

Cisse   

This...

My only nagging doubt being AP reverts to Raylor instead of Santon...

Even if Guthrie was fit id be seriously thinking about putting Jonas in midfield alongside Tiote and Cabaye.

Purely because of his work rate and his performance against WBA shows that he uses the ball very economically and against a side like Swansea that will be very important.

The way Willo and Perch played if there is any doubt about Colo's fitness he should sit another game.  No sense in rushing him back.  Considering Perch's run of form, if Colo is 100% I'd like to see Perch at RB and Santon at LB.  However, it's more likely that Pardew will go Simmo at RB and Perch for Santon at LB.

Could be the right sort of game for us TBH. It will scare the shit out of Swansea if we get amongst their (very good) midfield.

Keep doing what we are doing and we have a great opportunity to win this game too. We will score goals if Ba, Cisse and HBA are playing.

Might need a little squad rotation this weekend with two games over Easter although playing Friday should help us as we'll have an extra day to recover which could be handy cos i'll imagine we'll do plenty of running trying to close down Swansea the way they play and keep the ball.

I'm very confident of at least a point on Friday. Losing certainly shouldn't be in question.

Although we've done fairly well on the road, i think we could have picked up a couple more points here and there. We've won plenty, but i'd say we haven't drawn enough. Two (very attainable) points at Arsenal and Fulham would have us ahead of Chelsea, and with W6-D5-L4 as our away record, which would look great for any Euro chaser.

I'm nit-picking though, tbf. The fact is, we can beat anyone at SJP. The remaining away games are going to dictate our season; we're gonna have to be really strong on the road if we're gonna pip Chelsea. Not only because we've got to go to Stamford Bridge.

At my absolute most optimistic, i can see us picking up 16 points from now until the end of the season.

I'm very confident of at least a point on Friday. Losing certainly shouldn't be in question.

Although we've done fairly well on the road, i think we could have picked up a couple more points here and there. We've won plenty, but i'd say we haven't drawn enough. Two (very attainable) points at Arsenal and Fulham would have us ahead of Chelsea, and with W6-D5-L4 as our away record, which would look great for any Euro chaser.

I'm nit-picking though, tbf. The fact is, we can beat anyone at SJP. The remaining away games are going to dictate our season; we're gonna have to be really strong on the road if we're gonna pip Chelsea. Not only because we've got to go to Stamford Bridge.

At my absolute most optimistic, i can see us picking up 16 points from now until the end of the season.

With you Yorkie, 16 is what I'm hoping for with continued form and bit of luck. Funny, I find myself looking at past fixtures and say theres a few home and away fixtures that "should have been." But I think at least a point on Friday but really hoping we push on for 3. Look they are a great passing side, but our form at current we shouldn't fear anybody.

There hasn't been many absolute stinkers imo. Wolves and West Brom at home have been the worst results this season, unquestionably. The two games i mentioned in that previous post are the away ones that stick out as disappointing. Norwich was crap but we had Perch and Simpson at CB, so i wasn't expecting miracles there.

The fact that there's hardly any games where you think "fucking hell, as if we didn't get X amount of points there", is just another way of demonstrating what a good season we've had. It was like that under Bobby; one or two results really stuck out. Seem to remember an away defeat at Bolton being a real suckerpunch, for eg.