Newcastle United vs. Stoke City - 21/04/2012 @ 3PM (Today)

Stu

Just realised what a massive game this is for us.

If we win we have a real chance of finishing 4th, if we don't we are looking at a battle for 5th.

By the way, I fancy QPR for the shock win against Spurs.

Just realised what a massive game this is for us.

If we win we have a real chance of finishing 4th, if we don't we are looking at a battle for 5th.

By the way, I fancy QPR for the shock win against Spurs.

I also fancy Arsenal to beat Chelsea as it goes, a win here and we could be in a very good position with 4 games to go.

Pardew comments on the break thing in this morning's Journal, saying that's why he's pulling the players in this weekend and gave them this week off instead, to try and buck the trend.

Which trend would this be? Aren't we on a run of 5 consecutive wins? Not that I object to a short break considering we don't play this weekend and what's coming up in the next few weeks, just found it an odd thing to say.

Pardew comments on the break thing in this morning's Journal, saying that's why he's pulling the players in this weekend and gave them this week off instead, to try and buck the trend.

Which trend would this be? Aren't we on a run of 5 consecutive wins? Not that I object to a short break considering we don't play this weekend and what's coming up in the next few weeks, just found it an odd thing to say.

The trend of us losing after a break.

The trend that Stu had mentioned (again) in the post immediately above mine and basis of that Journal article (I should have linked it to be fair). We haven't won a game which has been preceded by a gap of over 8 days without another fixture. Admittedly there have only been four of them.

NEWCASTLE United’s players have been denied a weekend off as manager Alan Pardew tries to right one of the anomalies of their season.

Tomorrow is the start of the Magpies’ fourth blank weekend of the campaign. They have failed to win each of the games on their return.

With the momentum of a five-match winning sequence – easily their best of the campaign – behind them, Newcastle cannot afford to squander it in an incredibly tight race for Europe. In an attempt to buck the trend, Pardew has changed their routine. The players are off today, but will be in for full training tomorrow.

“We looked at this period and decided we were going to do things a bit differently to how they’ve been done in the past,” he revealed.

“We’ve given the players some days off after the Bolton game and then we’ll be bringing them back in to do some work over the weekend.

“We think that might work better for us because after previous two-week breaks, we haven’t come back with a win. We’re trying to do it differently to make sure it doesn’t happen that way again.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/04/13/workaholic-alan-pardew-looks-for-hard-graft-from-nufc-61634-30749197/

Krul

Simpson Willo  Colo  Santon

Tiote  Guthrie

HBA      Cabaye    Jonas

Cisse

why is guthrie in there instead of jonas and no ba?

Win this and we can only be caught by Everton on goal difference.

Everton play Manchester United at OT on the Sunday. A win against Stoke would basically guarantee Europa League.

:thup: Shackles are off now, no pressure. Hopefully we go into this game and just go for it.

If anybody had said we'd be going into a game this season with the possibility/probability of qualifying for Europe they would have been certified as being mad yet here we are.

Everton play Manchester United at OT on the Sunday. A win against Stoke would basically guarantee Europa League.

I'm almost certain we'll qualify, I'll wait until next Sunday before celebrating it though as it should hopefully be a mathematic certainty by them.

:thup: Shackles are off now, no pressure. Hopefully we go into this game and just go for it.

If anybody had said we'd be going into a game this season with the possibility/probability of qualifying for Europe they would have been certified as being mad yet here we are.

He be in the padded cell next to the bloke who said we'd be in with a shout of the Champions League going into this game :lol:

Lets not think about the Europa league, we have a great opportunity for much more. Lets be fucking greedy.

Stuff Stoke, set ourselves up for a pop at the Champions League spot.