Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Well, those are the rules. Still don't care for it. 

Winning the World Cup doesn't automatically qualify you for the next tournament. Why should the Champions League or anything else be different? I could care less about seeing a team defend its crown.

Pretty sure it does.

Not any more. Brazil was the last, I think.

Yeah rule was changed after France went out of Japan/Korea 2002 without scoring a single goal.

Winning the World Cup doesn't automatically qualify you for the next tournament. Why should the Champions League or anything else be different? I could care less about seeing a team defend its crown.

Pretty sure it does.

Yeah rule was changed after France went out of Japan/Korea 2002 without scoring a single goal.

Oh never knew that

Guest pintofscottsellers

I'd like the profits of the CL but feel Europa is a better fit for us at this point in time.

See what you mean, but the Europa is a bit of a farce giving the amount of games you play so early in the season, and it would mean more Sunday games than normal, which has really pissed me off this season, I really like the all day Saturday sessions for the match, Europa would limit them even more.

Pretty sure it does.

Well that's daft.  Holders should have the chance to defend their title even more so in the World Cup because they're so infrequent.

I just remembered something. Tiote and Cabaye had barely met each other before the season started because Tiote had his visa problems and various other shambles... how the name of Greek buggery did we end up challenging for a CL spot? :yao: :lol:

I just remembered something. Tiote and Cabaye had barely met each other before the season started because Tiote had his visa problems and various other shambles... how the name of Greek buggery did we end up challenging for a CL spot? :yao: :lol:

tbf a few people mentioned they werent gelling too well for a while, till we went to a middle 3 really.

I'd like the profits of the CL but feel Europa is a better fit for us at this point in time.

Better off just getting a run in the CL and finishing 3rd, giving us a run in against decent sides in 2013 and skipping the trips to eastern Europe. Not that if we are in the Europa League those trips will still be class :lol:

:anguish:

Could care less

Yes, but that's our idiom.

A win for Newcastle would see them equal the Premier League record for most consecutive victories (seven).

fuck me, amazed it's so low tbh...howay the lads!!

That's just our record for consecutive wins.

hm that was copied out of the guardian match report, assume it's a typo then "their" presumably

Guest BooBoo

Just a shame we couldn't take our challenge into the big games. Blowing it at Wigan FFS.

Today was a must win. I can't be too downbeat though, it's been an amazing season for us.