Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Guest optimistic nit

have to say the presence of ben arfa in the team is my main reason for thinking we will qualify for the champions league. intended or not, waiting until the back third of the season to unleash a hungry, fit and frustrated ben arfa has turned into an AP masterstroke. his presence, and cisse's signing has given our second half of the season a real kick up the backside whereas it may have petered out otherwise.

We will get beat by Man City but other than that it's all up for grabs. Bring it on mofos.

If City are out of it by that point I can see us picking up points.

Same. And City will be out (of the title race) by that point.

If all foreign leagues stay the same possible teams we'd face:

Braga (Por)

Motherwell (Sco)

Malaga (Esp)

Borussia Mönchengladbach (Ger)

Lille (Fra)

Lazio (Ita)

CSKA Moscow (Rus)

Dynamo Kyiv (Ukr)

AZ (Ned)

Fenerbahçe (Tur)

Dinamo București (Rom)

Club Brugge (Bel)

FC Nordsjælland (Den)

Panathinaikos (Gre)

No gimme that we'd get into the groups like although obviously teams from certain countries would be more favourable than others.

Gone are the days of the likes of Zeljeznicar then, i take it. I couldn't even tell you where they were from without looking it up. Hungary?

EDIT: Bosnia-Herzegovina. :okay:

With all due respect it's Wigan Athletic ffs, they are where they are for a reason.

Indeed if you cant beat Wigan in your run in then quite frankly you dont deserve 4th, to me the key game is still Chelsea away if we get a result there i reckon the confidence and belief will carry us through.

Guest Spark

With all due respect it's Wigan Athletic ffs, they are where they are for a reason.

Indeed if you cant beat Wigan in your run in then quite frankly you dont deserve 4th, to me the key game is still Chelsea away if we get a result there i reckon the confidence and belief will carry us through.

I suppose "United" don't deserve to win the league either?

Not if they'd played like that all season.

Being guaranteed a Europa spot takes a lot of pressure off imo. Can only be a plus.

Hope the players don't get complacent, however I get the feeling a lot of them believe they should be in the CL and will be going hell for leather for it.

Tbf tho they had a 8 point lead going into that game so that didnt necessarily need to win where as for 4th we would need to win to that game.

Big difference.

Anyway what i meant was to finish 4th, Wigan away is a game you should be winning.

Guest Spark

Tbf tho they had a 8 point lead going into that game so that didnt necessarily need to win where as for 4th we would need to win to that game.

Big difference.

Aye, just wanted to wind you up about the "United" thing, to be honest.

Big difference.

Aye, just wanted to wind you up about the "United" thing, to be honest.

I did'nt even notice that tbh  :lol: was too busy explaining myself  :D