Eric Abidal Has Gone Through Liver Transplant

catmag

Just thought I'd mention that Abidal is undergoing a liver transplant as we speak, and has been in surgery for some hours now. I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed for a successful outcome. 32 years old is no bloody age to have to go through this, no matter what you do for a living.

Fantastic person and player, gave a rolex to a sick child at some point i remember..... regardless no one and i mean nobody deserves to go through such an ordeal, i wish him and his family the best and hope he can get well as soon as possible.

I am not going to mention what I thought might have happened knowing his condition and seeing that a thread had been made on the man. God forbid. As always, I wish him nothing but success in what will be a long, arduous recovery process. God bless.

Sorry, that's always the problem with starting threads with names in them! Apparently there may be some kind of statement once the surgery is over but for the moment it is ongoing. I've been in liver transplants and they have taken 8hours +.

Barcelona have announced that defender Eric Abidal is recovering well after undergoing surgery on his liver.

The France international underwent the lengthy procedure on Tuesday which was completed just after midnight, at around the same time Barca had beaten Getafe 4-0, during which their fans chanted the full-back's name.

Barca president Sandro Rosell said: "Today could be a great one all round, because we know that Abidal and his cousin (Gerard, the donor) are recovering well after the operation.

"I can't say anything more than this because the family have specifically asked us not to say any more."

Coach Pep Guardiola also offered his support to the player after seeing his team close the gap on leaders Real Madrid to one point at the top of La Liga.

"We want to dedicate this win to Abidal," he said. "It's a special day because we knew that today he underwent his operation.

"We've been told that Abidal's operation has finished, which has been long and we need to be patient.

"Throughout the week we will know more. The next few days will be key to see how things are going. We have a lot of faith in someone as strong as him."

Team-mate Andres Iniesta added: "I'm happy to dedicate this win to Abi. This is for you!"

:thup: