Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 02/05/12 @ 7.45pm - pre-match thread

Dave

I'm going.

Record while watching Newcastle live so far

P3 W0 D0 L3 F1 A6

:yao:

You know what we're going to say oldtype

Just don't lynch the conspicuous Asian guy in the away end when we get hammered :lol:

We will win this fairly easily.

2-0

Chelsea will be sleeping through this game and all of their players will be afraid of injury more than loss.

If I was DiMatteo I would be playing the reserves/academy for this one.

Think we will get beat but won't be to gutted as long as we give a good account of ourselves. Think CL may be gone for us now looking at other run ins - although a lot depends on Spurs game today I feel.

Its pretty great when your consolation prize is europe anyway :)

The Wigan result may actually help us play better against Chelsea. Our players will be hurting after that 45 mins of rape by Wigan, so at least we can go in to this game knowing that from the first whistle we must be ready for whatever they throw at us. Any points off them would be massive for us.

Draw or win, imo. Our recent record at Stamford Bridge is pretty good. Even under Allardyce we were completely robbed of a point by the most offside goal you'll ever see and by some miracle Kinnear got us a 0-0 here too.

Their team/squad today:

Cech: Ferreira, Bosingwa, Terry, Cole; Essien, Lampard; Sturridge, Mata, Kalou; Torres.

Turnbull, Romeu, Ramires, Drogba, Malouda, Meireles, Hutchinson.

Bolded are suspended from the CL final.

Guest neesy111

3 games in 6 days is a big ask for them.

It is, but they did rotate quite a bit when AVB was manager so players won't be completely fatigued.