Newcastle United vs Manchester City - 06/05/12 @ 1:30pm (live on Sky)

JH

Think Hatem could be key, caused them a few problems in the away game when he ran at them and he wasnt even in full flow then like he is now so could be our secret weapon.

Think Hatem could be key, caused them a few problems in the away game when he ran at them and he wasnt even in full flow then like he is now so could be our secret weapon.

Not really a secret tbh.

Ironically that could be N'castles down fall. Any team that has tried to attack us away from home see Utd and Spurs etc have been hammered so your fans screaming for players to get forward and run around might be N'castles undoing

N'castle will have to defend very well, put our defence under pressure when they can and hope for a bit of luck

I think N'castle will come straight out of the blocks at 100mph and hope to score early, similar to what Utd did at OT. If City can withstand that then control possession we should be fine............fingers crossed

Newcastle went to Swansea and let them have all the possession and just picked them off on the break. They did the same at West Brom too. I think they will play the same way against us. Sit back, make it hard for us, try and score on the counter, and there's probably not a better team at doing that this season apart from United maybe

Newcastle are resembling the rags this week, they are going through their starting 11 and sending "warnings" to us. I hope we twat them

Reality check........

NUFC beaten 4-0 by Wigan last Saturday. A win against a distracted and wekened CFC does not make them less beatable than MUFC, the table does not lie, Premier League hype does.

I respect newcastle i really do but the way they are being talked up youd think they were contending for the championship and we were some kind of pub team, all i keep on hearing is theyve got ben arfa, theyve got cabaye, theyve got cisse and ba well weve got aguero, tevez, silva and nasri for gods sake how bout us they lost 4 0 to wigan, so they beat chelsea and so did villa and liverpool at stamford bridge can we please give our own team just a little bit of credit instead of talking newcastle up into something they are not.

The best thing about Cisse, is that we have Kompany

Newcastles defense is suspect... We have so much flair up front colocfail will not be able to stop them

4-0 at Wigan, 5-0 at Spurs and Fulham hammered N'castle if I remember right. Now I know these are probably isolated games over a season but surely even the most blinkered N'castle fan must see that if City get at N'castle then the defence could buckle like in those games I've mentioned

N'castle are a good team and this is a very difficult fixture but no matter who we were playing at this stage in these circumstances it would be a difficult fixture.

I think a lot of people are talking N'castle up a little bit too much. We've won at Porto, Old Trafford and White Hart Lane. If we play to out potential the we will win.........fingers crossed

Ben Arfa & Cisse are on fire with Ba not far behind. Cabaye has really impressed me, Collocini too... considering our away form this season has let us down quite abit, i'm pretty worried.

We breezed past Norwich and beat Wolves i know, but Newcastle are going to take some stopping at home.

Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba need to be kept quite, so we should definitely start De Jong in my opinion...

The win against Chelsea takes all the pressure away from us IMO. It would have been a bitterly disappointing end to the season should have lost against Wigan the way we did and then followed it up with losses/draws in the last four games. Now, we've got that win at Stamford Bridge, and we're already guaranteed Europe next year, the lads should just go out and enjoy themselves and try their best and hope for a result. Howay the lads :)

The win against Chelsea takes all the pressure away from us IMO. It would have been a bitterly disappointing end to the season should have lost against Wigan the way we did and then followed it up with losses/draws in the last four games. Now, we've got that win at Stamford Bridge, and we're already guaranteed Europe next year, the lads should just go out and enjoy themselves and try their best and hope for a result. Howay the lads :)

I think they did that against Wigan.

Same attitude as against Chelsea will be required here once more.

I think against Wigan they thought that it was going to be an easy game. I'm not saying they shouldn't work their arses off to win, but there's not really any pressure on us. Of course, we all want Champions League, or at least to keep the dream alive for as long as possible, but in the end, we've had a fantastic season now, and a loss against the Champions, even at home, wouldn't be the end of the world.

I think against Wigan they thought that it was going to be an easy game. I'm not saying they shouldn't work their arses off to win, but there's not really any pressure on us. Of course, we all want Champions League, or at least to keep the dream alive for as long as possible, but in the end, we've had a fantastic season now, and a loss against the Champions, even at home, wouldn't be the end of the world.

Agree with that. Season's been a top season whatever the two last results will be.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini believes Sunday's fixture at Newcastle will be a tougher test than Monday's derby against Manchester United, which City won 1-0 to move top of the table.

:bluestar:

City fan Mag at work said exactly the same.

Guest antz1uk

not sure if right thread but liked elsewhere, looking for a spare ticke on Sunday, I know it's prob a long shot