Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

And yet he gets booked for diving in against players too quick for him, caught upfield because he is slow to get back, and done for pace fairly regularly.

That doesn't sound like one of the best RBs in the league (which he is).

I had my doubts over him during the summer, even after City first game of the season, however I couldn't have dreamt of the progress he's made since then, outstanding.

Is 'best right back in the league' the new 'international player' on here as a faux claim to greatness?

There's a total lack of great RBs about at the moment. The best one barely even plays there. Even decent ones like Zabaleta aren't up too much when you look at the full back greats.

Nobody mentioned 'greatness'. He's just improved and adapted into a top right back in the PL and baffles me why yourself or others are looking to have a pop at him and point out any weaknesses he may have when he was one of the best players in our side during the season and comfortably the most improved.

Even if the RB standard isn't all up to that much, it's still good to have one of the strongest in the league in that particular position. Love the bloke and hope he's here to stay for years to come although this seems highly unlikely.

You stated best RB in the league, I countered that moniker sounds better than it actually is due to the crop of RBs currently playing.

Why are our better players immune from criticism?

If he was the comfortably the most improved how come Mike Williamson comfortably won The Mag award for this?

You stated best RB in the league, I countered that moniker sounds better than it actually is due to the crop of RBs currently playing.

Why are our better players immune from criticism?

If he was the comfortably the most improved how come Mike Williamson comfortably won The Mag award for this?

I stated one of the best in the league, which I think he is. Only one i'd personally swap is Coleman. Not immune from criticism but I believe your criticism to be harsh on him, think he's improved drastically, weaknesses pointed were glaring last season, not so much this season imo.

Wasn't aware Williamson did win that in The Mag. Don't agree with it, think Williamson did improve and became a lot more steady but nowhere near the improvement of Debuchy. Debuchy looked merely a slight upgrade on Simpson last season, looking back at it now, it's embarrassing he was mentioned in the same breath.

Zabaleta imo, one of the best RBs in the league and has to be in discussion for in the world? Unless I'm missing someone?

Zabaleta is rather average comparing to the RBs we've had in the world in the past. It's the fact the world is lacking in talent that he's considered one of the best rather than his own talent.

Guest firetotheworks

RB is definitely the weak position in any all-time premier league, but Zabaleta must be up there. I think he's better than Neville was, without the longevity.

http://img2u.info/img/gef20b69f.jpg

:aww:...  :(

Their bromance is a tad suspicious. Has anyone on here been so close (not meaning gay!) to another man? Unless it's a French thing.

Aye I'm canny gay with my mates to be fair. Not as hot as the dreamboat mind.

From .com:

Departure?:

Debuchy in demand

A hoped-for reunion for Mathieu Debuchy with Yohan Cabaye at Paris Saint-Germain next season is now rated as unlikely by those apparently in the know - but the French full back may still make a return to Ligue 1.

Having lost the title by nine points to PSG, runners-up Monaco have discarded their coach Claudio Ranieri and are set to embark on an overhaul of their squad - with Debuchy among those sought by a club who can offer Champions League football and eye-catching salaries.

From .com:

Departure?:

Debuchy in demand

A hoped-for reunion for Mathieu Debuchy with Yohan Cabaye at Paris Saint-Germain next season is now rated as unlikely by those apparently in the know - but the French full back may still make a return to Ligue 1.

Having lost the title by nine points to PSG, runners-up Monaco have discarded their coach Claudio Ranieri and are set to embark on an overhaul of their squad - with Debuchy among those sought by a club who can offer Champions League football and eye-catching salaries.

From brothers in each others arms, to crossing swords.

Sky's take on it

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9330214/transfer-news-newcastles-mathieu-debuchy-says-his-agents-are-handling-all-transfer-talks

Newcastle full-back Mathieu Debuchy says he is leaving talks about his future in the hands of his agents.

The 28-year-old France international was one of the Magpies' top performers last season, but he is being strongly linked with a move away from the club this summer.

His good friend Yohan Cabaye departed St James' Park in January for Paris Saint-Germain. Laurent Blanc's side are one of the clubs linked with Debuchy, along with Roma, who are managed by his former Lille boss Rudi Garcia.

The defender is currently with France's World Cup squad, and he insists he wants to focus on that.

Asked about a possible move, he told a press conference at France's training HQ Clairefontaine: "No, honestly, I did not hear about any talks over a possible transfers to table.

"For my part, I do not feel affected by it.

"I leave it to my agents to manage that and I remain focused on the World Cup."