Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

imo him coming in is vital just to give the place some sort of lift.

He's not gonna fix all of our current problems by himself, but hopefully he can show his experience and help some of our other players. Happening far to late this transfer.

i just hope his coming means tiote reverts to his basics.....aint holding my breath though.

That'll be kill on sight then.

i just hope his coming means tiote reverts to his basics.....aint holding my breath though.

Tiote needs to stop worrying about bookings, just tackle and take whatever comes, it's his natural game.

Tiote needs to stop worrying about bookings, just tackle and take whatever comes, it's his natural game.

It's not just that, biggest worry is his decision making , not knowing when to get rid of the ball and when he does get rid it never reaches a team mate.  His overall play has been shocking compared to the standards of last season, I'm convinced his head has been turned by some whispers from his agent and such.

"The other French international we hope passes the medical, 'cos if he does he's gonna give us something we need in the back four - which is quality. We've lacked that a little bit in my opinion, quality distribution and great defending and he'll give us both of those. Young Davide Santon... it will help him too because there's not so much pressure on Davide Santon - who is our most offensive fullback - to keep bombing forward. We need to make sure he understands the game. He's still got a lot to learn - terrific player - but Debuchy will help him for sure."

yeah but it's normally deeper,  as the game is getting constricted, right now he's having to do it more in mid play where there is more space for thre oppo to open up against him.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/158878701-yohan-cabaye-and-potential-new-signing-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QXD3FEBKp%2Bc6CZASVrKQhJIatx7q2eYSGI%2BJVenR%2BolSdgbSV0ftP8WU9CUXjOh2BQ%3D%3D

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/158878700-yohan-cabaye-and-potential-new-signing-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZCNChYCY5N%2FD5%2Bf60%2F%2FX9aAL60qGD6ypKQwswHJsgjwnPac5UimK1ScqGNS7fTNcQ%3D%3D

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/158878698-yohan-cabaye-and-potential-new-signing-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVTOgvGjCI813ABUA4wKLRAcQirXRSG0yhJgLGgHjs8%2BKqWcAOl4lIHuho6AzslydA%3D%3D

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/158878699-mathieu-debuchy-a-potential-new-signing-for-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QdYiLd7g2g9RgQDm2u3DhUTvLVqLM%2B9X%2BAE0%2B%2BVVozXoUcyPsJB7bmw3gxHjgqj%2FcA%3D%3D

:clap2:

Guest Eggenberger

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Pardew on Debuchy: “fingers crossed he passes the medical, that’s probably key to that." Says personal terms talks "have gone well."

What the f*** does that even mean? Obviously a player passing a medical is vital otherwise what's the point? Pardew doesn't half come out with some s***. By far the worst "speaker" we've ever had as manager in my time supporting the club.

:lol:

Pardew on Debuchy: “fingers crossed he passes the medical, that’s probably key to that." Says personal terms talks "have gone well."

What the f*** does that even mean? Obviously a player passing a medical is vital otherwise what's the point? Pardew doesn't half come out with some s***. By far the worst "speaker" we've ever had as manager in my time supporting the club.

So much anger.

So much anger.

:snod:  :(

"The other French international we hope passes the medical, 'cos if he does he's gonna give us something we need in the back four - which is quality. We've lacked that a little bit in my opinion, quality distribution and great defending and he'll give us both of those. Young Davide Santon... it will help him too because there's not so much pressure on Davide Santon - who is our most offensive fullback - to keep bombing forward. We need to make sure he understands the game. He's still got a lot to learn - terrific player - but Debuchy will help him for sure."

For a "diplomatic" manager that's a pretty hefty slap in Simpson's  face, with the whole 'putting Santon under pressure' and 'lacking quality'. As fans, that's things we see and think (and say on here ad nauseum), but quotes like these let us know that Pardew sees it too. The difference is that Pardew can't go to a presser and say "Simpson was fucking shit", because Pardew would need to play him the next week and the player would know his boss has no faith in him...

For a "diplomatic" manager that's a pretty hefty slap in Simpson's  face, with the whole 'putting Santon under pressure' and 'lacking quality'. As fans, that's things we see and think (and say on here ad nauseum), but quotes like these let us know that Pardew sees it too. The difference is that Pardew can't go to a presser and say "Simpson was fucking shit", because Pardew would need to play him the next week and the player would know his boss has no faith in him...

Don't really have a problem with Pardew saying it as (a) it's bang on the money and (b) Simpson will probably only play for us a handful of times before he leaves in the summer (assuming he doesn't leave in January).

He's still getting ridiculous bookings though?  More of a worry for me is his tendancy to lose it in dangerous areas and the fact that he's caught the Nicky Butt disease.  Just dinks it through to the goalkeeper, trying that shit Hollywood ball all the time.

As for Debuchy.  He looks class and he'll improve us going forward on the right hand side.  Will it stop us conceeding soft goals and will he be used to maximum effect?  I doubt it. 

Will be a massive improvement on Simpson mind.