Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

A nice little stat to show the difference Debuchy could make - We've allowed the 6th most chances in the league from down our right flank. To compare with the other areas of our defence on chances conceeded down the middle we've conceeded the 11th most in the league and on chances conceeded down the left we've conceeded the 13th most in the league.

A nice little stat to show the difference Debuchy could make - We've allowed the 6th most chances in the league from down our right flank. To compare with the other areas of our defence on chances conceeded down the middle we've conceeded the 11th most in the league and on chances conceeded down the left we've conceeded the 13th most in the league.

Very interesting indeed. I'd hope that with the addition of Debuchy the chances would be reduced across the board due to better distribution and the centre halves having a competent option for the outball.

how is he defensively? must be a bit suspect if better teams werent in for him

I do wonder why there wasn't huge competition for the guy given his relatively low fee and apparent status as Frances premier right back.

I do wonder why there wasn't huge competition for the guy given his relatively low fee and apparent status as France's premier right back.

Sagna was injured, otherwise I think he is generally first choice IIRC.

Guest icemanblue

I do wonder why there wasn't huge competition for the guy given his relatively low fee and apparent status as Frances premier right back.

Excusez-moi, excusez-moi!

http://e1.365dm.com/12/06/504x378/Euro-2012-Ukraine-v-France-Yohan-Cabaye-celeb_2781284.jpg

Who's to say there weren't other teams but their lack of CL status means he only wanted to come be with his bum chum?

Why wouldn't CL Teams look at him though? If he's as good as his reputation indicates?

Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon that we've got him, I'd have just thought that there may have been more competition.

I do wonder why there wasn't huge competition for the guy given his relatively low fee and apparent status as France's premier right back.

He was but not anymore, Debuchy is definitely first choice now.

From what we've seen\heard his friendship with Cabaye isn't to be underestimated. He could also have his heart set on playing in the Premier League\loves the wages\looks good in black and white stripes. He's sure to have had other options open to him, just because he chose us doesn't mean he's not all that.

Let's just get excited we finally fucking signed him instead of worrying about how we signed him.

Of course, he signed for us therefore he's not very good.

Not very good now? Shit! I was reading he's the best RB in the league despite having not played a game? When will this madness end? Can he not just find a happy medium.

Who's to say there weren't other teams but their lack of CL status means he only wanted to come be with his bum chum?

Why wouldn't CL Teams look at him though? If he's as good as his reputation indicates?

Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon that we've got him, I'd have just thought that there may have been more competition.

Wait, so in one thread you are expressing your disbelief at getting a good French national team player relatively early in the window without much competition and in another you are expressing your dissatisfaction at not getting another? Have you considered that in Remy's case the selling club and player may be waiting to see if better options come their way, just as you apparently expected Debuchy to do?

Man City can't sign everyone, there doesn't have to be a suspicious reason why we sign a decent player. How about just admitting we did something good?

:lol: You've obviously not seen my many posts saying how pleased I am that we've signed the guy. Every post is positive. I'm sure he'll be a big success.

I'm within my rights to wonder why there wasn't more interest in him.

You'll find I've actually been balanced and given credit where it's been due in respect of both the board and management, so I don't need to be told to 'admit' anything.

Man City can't sign everyone, there doesn't have to be a suspicious reason why we sign a decent player. How about just admitting we did something good?

:lol: You've obviously not seen my many posts saying how pleased I am that we've signed the guy. Every post is positive. I'm sure he'll be a big success.

I'm within my rights to wonder why there wasn't more interest in him.

You'll find I've actually been balanced and given credit where it's been due in respect of both the board and management, so I don't need to be told to 'admit' anything.

True, I actually find it surprising that we managed deals like Cabaye and Cisse as well, but I'm forced to admit we're sometimes just good at getting the right deal.

He was before he was injured, but he's been back since October and so far Debuchy has stayed first choice.

Wait, so in one thread you are expressing your disbelief at getting a good French national team player relatively early in the window without much competition and in another you are expressing your dissatisfaction at not getting another? Have you considered that in Remy's case the selling club and player may be waiting to see if better options come their way, just as you apparently expected Debuchy to do?

Don't really have the time to go into too much detail right now but I'm not expressing my disbelief at all, it's more a passing comment.

My thoughts on Remy are that the Board should have had the deal tied up earlier to give us as much chance of picking up maximum points over the next few games.

Also, Remy is a big fee (if the rumoured £10m+ is true) and not in great from hence a risk for any club. Debuchy is a low fee and has played consistently well for years.

Don't really have the time to go into too much detail right now but I'm not expressing my disbelief at all, it's more a passing comment.

My thoughts on Remy are that the Board should have had the deal tied up earlier to give us as much chance of picking up maximum points over the next few games.

Also, Remy is a big fee (if the rumoured £10m+ is true) and not in great from hence a risk for any club. Debuchy is a low fee and has played consistently well for years.

Which makes it even more understandable from our point of view that we haven't just gone in and bid whatever Marseille quoted without a second thought.