Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Surprised that nobody appears to be concerned about Inter's bid. He mentioned them in L'Equipe too.

I am. Reckon could go either way.

that's some foresight right there mate :lol:

but aye, i'm worried it's dragging out a lot more than i hoped for and to be fair, whether yohan's here or not Inter is a massive pull

also, think the thread change is misleading...doesn't exactly say that, to me it seems he just wants it sorted either way

Eh? It's a direct quote.

just says ""This is one of my priorities." doesn't he? just when i first read the quote you put up I took it as he wants 'a' transfer sorted rather than a transfer to us sorted

http://www.madeinfoot.com/infos/article-losc-debuchy---newcastle-est-l-une-de-mes-priorites--33421.html

Before letting Mathieu Debuchy leave this summer as he wishes, Lille wants above all to find a successor at right back. A situation which is causing the player to lose patience in seeing the transfer take forever. The Lille defender says his priority destination is Newcastle, but the club are demanding €8 million to sell their player.

"This is one of my priorities. Inter Milan also inquired about me. I have no buyout clause, Lille may refuse an offer they consider inadequate. Already it is necessary that clubs are in contact. It is not yet the case. Newcastle have proposed €5 million but I do not know how much the leaders of Lille are seeking. I don't think they should expect an extraordinary offer" revealed Debuchy to L'Equipe.

Article headline is Debuchy: "Newcastle is one of my priorities".

Surprised that nobody appears to be concerned about Inter's bid. He mentioned them in L'Equipe too.

I am. Reckon could go either way.

that's some foresight right there mate :lol:

but aye, i'm worried it's dragging out a lot more than i hoped for and to be fair, whether yohan's here or not Inter is a massive pull

also, think the thread change is misleading...doesn't exactly say that, to me it seems he just wants it sorted either way

Knew somebody was going to come with something like that.

My point is that this place pretty much celebrated his signature, prematurely as it seems, a couple of times before. (I was guilty of doing it on the first occasion, mind.)

http://www.madeinfoot.com/infos/article-losc-debuchy---newcastle-est-l-une-de-mes-priorites--33421.html

Before letting Mathieu Debuchy leave this summer as he wishes, Lille wants above all to find a successor at right back. A situation which is causing the player to lose patience in seeing the transfer take forever. The Lille defender says his priority destination is Newcastle, but the club are demanding €8 million to sell their player.

"This is one of my priorities. Inter Milan also inquired about me. I have no buyout clause, Lille may refuse an offer they consider inadequate. Already it is necessary that clubs are in contact. It is not yet the case. Newcastle have proposed €5 million but I do not know how much the leaders of Lille are seeking. I don't think they should expect an extraordinary offer" revealed Debuchy to L'Equipe.

Yeah went back and read all the posts, this is what i get for believing what the british media write  :lol: as they were all saying he said "Newcastle is my priority".

In any case i'm not concerned, i get the feeling he wants to join and we only have to stump up the cash. ( easier said than done i know)

But i'm still very confident he will join.

my bad O0

obviously didn't read it properly.  Wonder what was said/asked by the journalist

Fannying over couple million (& getting rid of a back up?) for a player in priority position and looking to spend 10-15m on a 3rd choice striker

:idiot2:

That's how wor Mike rolls though. Always on the hunt for a bargain (in relative terms compared to what they deem the player's actual value) seemingly disregarding priority positions, as we did last January with the central defensive cover.

We're pretty good at making players act like total dicks.

I think we force them into it: show a lot of interest in them, make the player want to come to us then put in bids which are lower than the club will go for when there are potentially better deals out there. Eventually, the player starts acting up and the whole thing gets a bit ugly but we've never really done badly out of it. I've said it before, Dekka and Mike are obviously a couple of heavyweight cockends but they do some great business

Re the Inter thing I think it's important to keep in mind that he is likely to be negotiating terms with 'a club' very shortly. His hand is strengthened the more suitors he has.

Good point