Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Yeah, it really effects Lahm as well. Left Back is Santon's preferred position.

Zambrotta, Maldini etc etc, personally i'm really getting annoyed with this we need to buy a LB and move Santon to the right talk.

1. There's better RB's around than LB's.

2. Santon prefers it there and he's great there.

3. There's no actual proof he would be better on the right.

Don't know if he was just having a bad game in general but Santon had abit of a shocker when he played at right back in one of the pre-season games couple of weeks ago.

He was better on the left when i saw him for Inter too, it's a weird one but i honestly believe he's better on the left.

Perhaps because a lot of attackers come inside these days and naturally they are coming inside on his stronger foot.

Do some of these "Santon shouldn't play on left" comments come from people who've actually played football? :lol: He's fine there man give off on that point.  Sure he cuts in, sure he doesn't really like to cross with his left foot, but his cutting in is 100x more effective than the floated crosses Simmo puts up from the right side with his right foot.

Do some of these "Santon shouldn't play on left" comments come from people who've actually played football? :lol: He's fine there man give off on that point.  Sure he cuts in, sure he doesn't really like to cross with his left foot, but his cutting in is 100x more effective than the floated crosses Simmo puts up from the right side with his right foot.

:thup:

I've accepted that Santon will be playing on the left. Although he's horrendously one-footed, there are still bonuses to having an attacking player on his weaker side. He did look a threat when he cut inside with pace. The team only became unbalanced when it was him and Jonas down one wing in a 4-4-2, which was never going to work and didn't, on the occasional times it was played. In the 4-3-3 it's absolutely fine, particularly if we're going to be playing with two defensive-mids in Anita and Tiote.

The team's shaping up to look very, very good on paper at least. Having completed this signing, the next challenges (where the first XI is concerned) are: A, upgrading the right-back position... and B, finding a way to accommodate Ba and Cisse whilst keeping the two players happy and effective.

Obviously, where other signings are concerned, we still need to pad out the squad with a forward and another centre-back, though i can't see the latter happening.

Entering 'on-paper land', just for the hell of it, if the squad looks like this come September i'll be more than happy:

Keepers: Krul, Elliot, Harper

Defenders: Coloccini, STaylor, Debuchy, Santon, Williamson, Perch, Simpson, RTaylor, Tavernier, Ferguson, Good

Midfielders: Cabaye, Tiote, Anita, Jonas, Marveaux, Obertan, Abeid, Vuckic, Bigirimana, Amalfitano, Gosling

Forwards: Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa, Carroll*, Shola, Sammy, Campbell

*would rather someone else, but i can't see us going after anyone other striker.

That's one of, if not the best, squad i've seen from us in the time i've been supporting us. But i've said that a few times before.

I've accepted that Santon will be playing on the left. Although he's horrendously one-footed, there are still bonuses to having an attacking player on his weaker side. He did look a threat when he cut inside with pace. The team only became unbalanced when it was him and Jonas down one wing in a 4-4-2, which was never going to work and didn't, on the occasional times it was played. In the 4-3-3 it's absolutely fine, particularly if we're going to be playing with two defensive-mids in Anita and Tiote.

The team's shaping up to look very, very good on paper at least. Having completed this signing, the next challenges (where the first XI is concerned) are: A, upgrading the right-back position... and B, finding a way to accommodate Ba and Cisse whilst keeping the two players happy and effective.

Obviously, where other signings are concerned, we still need to pad out the squad with a forward and another centre-back, though i can't see the latter happening.

Only when he is supplying crosses. He passes the ball and controls the ball comfortably with both feet.

Is Simpson still going? If not, I think the management will be happy with the versatility of Anita, Taylor, and Ferguson as fullbacks. It seems to me the priority would be another forward instead of the right back we've wanted.

Would put my house on him sitting out his contract.