Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Couldn't watch the game tonight, but not surprised he's putting it in now it's coming down to the line.

Always had a soft spot and respect for him since the last game of last season when he ran himself into the ground, along with Jonas. Showed he cared.

Too small and not physical enough to be the DM he's supposed to be, obviously same applies at CB. At RB he does a job, obviously wants to do well, he's had a few good games for us there, in fact his best games for us have been at RB. Thing is though when players can run at him he can be left behind, he did his job very well today but I don't think the players he was up against were out of 2nd gear. I'm not sure if I'd want him there in the long run.

His pace is a real asset at RB. Better positionally than Janmaat as well - Benitez was singing his praises about it after the game.

I don't think he's particularly good positionally. Benitez was constantly telling him to get narrow or to get goal side. But he picks his runs forward much more intelligently but he also actually sprints back into position. Janmaat does the Santon jog.

His pace is a real asset at RB. Better positionally than Janmaat as well - Benitez was singing his praises about it after the game.

Aye, he doesn't seem to get caught out much, but when he does has the recovery pace to get back in. Adding a goal was a nice bonus as well.