Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He's one of the players who has benefited the most from Rafa coming in as manager, such is the way we play and are coached now. There is now an actual insistence on playing from the back, looking for 1-2s, passing and moving. This is essentially him as a player. I don't think he really has many stand out skills physically or technically, but he has a good football grounding and benefits massively from now having options to pass the ball to.

I'd give him a new deal. Solid, still a decent age and will provide some continuity going back into the PL. Long term he's not the answer, but we can upgrade in time.

I can't really explain why but I've always had a soft spot for Little Vurn. Always hoped he would come good but it became more and more likely that he never would.

Since Rafa arrived he's turned that right on it's head. Lush that the fans were singing his name this weekend.

Do you think if he'd have come here as a right back instead of a midfielder people's opinions of him might be a bit more positive?  He's certainly shown a lot more for me in that role than in his nominal best position.

Yes because he wouldn't have spent 3 years as a shit CM who people consistently defended for little reason/

If Anita had arrived at our club with Rafa as manager he wouldn't have been that bad even in cm. I know he has been shit there like most of our players have been in many positions. At the same time he has shone in CM in a few games. Yeah mostly he has been bad there but the way some go on its as if he's been shit every game.

If Anita had arrived at our club with Rafa as manager he wouldn't have been that bad even in cm. I know he has been shit there like most of our players have been in many positions. At the same time he has shone in CM in a few games. Yeah mostly he has been bad there but the way some go on its as if he's been shit every game.

I used to be one of his biggest critics when he was in midfield but I always accepted he had played a few very good games there. West Ham in the game Jonas scored to keep us up springs to mind. Most of the time he was barely better than Colback there though. Been really impressed since he went right back and would be happy for him to continue starting games as long as he keeps it up when we get back to the PL

If Anita had arrived at our club with Rafa as manager he wouldn't have been that bad even in cm. I know he has been s*** there like most of our players have been in many positions. At the same time he has shone in CM in a few games. Yeah mostly he has been bad there but the way some go on its as if he's been s*** every game.

More than happy to see him going head to head with Yedlin for the right back spot. Still wouldn't be comfortable with him as a CM, especially in the Premier League.

I agree :thup: RB is where he should continue. Just annoying when that gremlin is saying that he's been s*** in CM for 3 years as if he never had a good game there which he did have. I'm sure that he would have done better in CM overall under different circumstances. Finally we there is a proper manager at the helm who knows what he is doing. We look so organised. Wouldn't build my team with Anita in CM but I'm confident that he would be able to perform pretty well there under Rafa IF needed.

If Anita had arrived at our club with Rafa as manager he wouldn't have been that bad even in cm. I know he has been s*** there like most of our players have been in many positions. At the same time he has shone in CM in a few games. Yeah mostly he has been bad there but the way some go on its as if he's been s*** every game.

I used to be one of his biggest critics when he was in midfield but I always accepted he had played a few very good games there. West Ham in the game Jonas scored to keep us up springs to mind. Most of the time he was barely better than Colback there though. Been really impressed since he went right back and would be happy for him to continue starting games as long as he keeps it up when we get back to the PL

I don't think 2-3 (let's say 4 maximum) standout performances in 3 years is enough to defend their overall performances. Nobody's denied he's had the odd great game but it is really the odd great game (at cm).

Even under Rafa he was pretty pants at CM.

I will never forget the day he and Colback made N'Zonzi look like Paddy Vieira in his pomp.

He's done enough at RB, under Rafa, to suggest he could maybe be an option in the middle. If needed.

If we are afforded space he could be effective running from midfield.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

Glad to help.