Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Miles better than Simpson at RB. Hardly surprising but we looked much better with him there. I suspect Perch will play there if he is fit and Simpson's injury is a bad one, but Anita isn't a bad contingency plan at the position.

We didn't really get to see his defensive side at right back cos Villa were awful but going forward he's an upgrade on Simpson.

If Simpson is injured (and even if he's not) I think this lad needs to be considered at RB, especially when Tiote is back. Or left back for that matter with Santon right.

When Tiote's back I'd play him over Cabaye. Noticed today that he tended to dart forward sometimes and give Villa a man free to pass to when he was playing in the middle. Let Tiote sweep things like that up behind him and Anita could do just fine there I reckon. His versatility is great in that he can cover in positions where players might need a kick up the arse. (See also: right back)

When Tiote's back I'd play him over Cabaye. Noticed today that he tended to dart forward sometimes and give Villa a man free to pass to when he was playing in the middle. Let Tiote sweep things like that up behind him and Anita could do just fine there I reckon. His versatility is great in that he can cover in positions where players might need a kick up the arse. (See also: right back)

:serious:

Almost scored didn't he? Was at the opposite end to me so couldn't see to well.

Was a decent effort as he had to hit it first time but it wasn't going to go in. Keeper had it covered if it was creeping inside the post. Good technique though, Tiote would have lofted it well into the stands

Makes more sense to have him on the left and Santon right? We looked a threat down the right though once he moved there. Thought he was top class

Guess it's just a case of not wanting to make two changes when one will do. Santon looks comfortable in his position IMO, I wouldn't want to tamper with it.

Makes more sense to have him on the left and Santon right? We looked a threat down the right though once he moved there. Thought he was top class

Don't see what the obsession with putting Santon on the right is.  Tbh I always thought Anita was left footed but he looks right footed to me.

If he doesn't want to play full back long term he went about it the wrong way today, he was great.

He did mention in an interview that he'd be willing to play anywhere so yep, think we have our RB if Simpson's out for a while.