Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

Guest firetotheworks

Has any January loan signing worked out well for us?

How many have there been? I know there'll be some, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

De Jong = Rubbish.

Doumbia = Rubbish.

Ireland = Waste of time.

Bridges = Did nothing.

Fair. All unproven players that were actually just no good though tbf. Ireland's the only one that could have turned out to be decent going on proven quality from a much earlier time, Sturridge is about as proven as it gets, but obviously with the huge caveat surrounding his fitness.

De Jong = Rubbish.

Doumbia = Rubbish.

Ireland = Waste of time.

Bridges = Did nothing.

Any others?

The answer is, no, not really.

Closest to being half decent were in the championship, 'One size' Fitz Hall and Patrick Van Aanholt. Maybe Wayne fucking Quinn seeing as we went on to buy him. :buck2:

Guest neesy111

How many have there been? I know there'll be some, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

De Jong = Rubbish.

Doumbia = Rubbish.

Ireland = Waste of time.

Bridges = Did nothing.

Fair. All unproven players that were actually just no good though tbf. Ireland's the only one that could have been decent, Sturridge is about as proven as it gets, but obviously with the huge caveat surrounding his fitness.

Ofcourse it's all about fitness with him, if he was fit etc he wouldn't be looking for a loan deal with us as someone would had snapped him up.

Guest neesy111

He can do that ridiculous celebration as many times as he likes as long as he's banging them in. Never thought I'd tolerate that.

:thup:

He's a talented player for sure, but not as good as he thinks he is, which I think can create problems for his team mates. He also has the reputation of being very self-protective when it comes to assessing his own fitness.

All of which explains why he may be coming to us instead of banging in the goals for Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool.

I just hope he comes with the attitude of wanting to prove himself, rather than thinking what a great honour it is for us to watch him in action.

Far from creating problems for his team mates, I think a player of his calibre is exactly what this squad needs. There is a chronic lack of self belief here, if he comes with his swagger, it will lift everyone else around as well. Long term, aye he's a bad egg, but right now, we are desperate for someone big headed and full of himself.

IIRC, it's all about his belief in God giving him the ability rather than just being "I'm mint, me". Semantics I suppose though, like.

In any case, I think the squad is crying out for his self belief in front of goal. He's the mirror opposite of nice but dim Joselu.

Guest reefatoon

Is this the first high profile type player we would have signed under chubby's ownership?  We only ever sign, "has been's" "potential", "cheap" or just "utter s***" players. 

What fucking intent would that be ? Loaning a player so we don't have to buy one. What a fucking joke, not Sturridge obviously but the way this club works under Ashley.

We can buy a player, but is it worth spending over the odds on a somewhat unknown, if someone with proven class is available on loan?

My only concern is there is absolutely nothing to suggest he’ll be able to stay fit

What's his injury record this year?

100% unavailable this calendar year. Suffered minor muscle related setback just after Christmas having already been unavailable for most of December.