Newcastle v Spurs - Pre-match thread (18/08/12 at 5.30pm) Live on ESPN

bowlingcrofty

Least there's no Saha or Adebayor.

Are you sure about that?

Because BEN say something else!!1!!!11!!!!1!!!!1!

Not really, it's been rumoured to be coming to a conclusion for about a week.

I'm more intrigued by this on twitter ........... 

@Realmadridplace Florentino Pérez have contacted Tottenham's chairman, Levy, and offered a new deal for Modric that includes Şahin

Not saying it's not BS but he's got nearly 17000 followers, maybe there is an element of truth in it.  It's reckoned that Modric will be gone in the next week or two and Levy will get his deal worth £40m to Spurs.  €32m + Şahin isn't £40m but it could be close enough to make it a possibility.

Sahin has already said more than once that he won't join anyone outside the CL and i'm pretty sure he rejected you earlier in the summer.

So yeah....

You're right, he did say he didn't want to move to the PL, said he wanted to fight for his place at Real Madrid.  Since then Mourinho has said he does not expect Sahin to play a significant part with RM.  Maybe Sahin has had a change of heart?  As I said, I'm not saying it is or isn't BS, but I'm hoping there is an element of truth in it.

Sahin has already said more than once that he won't join anyone outside the CL and i'm pretty sure he rejected you earlier in the summer.

So yeah....

You're right, he did say he didn't want to move to the PL, said he wanted to fight for his place at Real Madrid.  Since then Mourinho has said he does not expect Sahin to play a significant part with RM.  Maybe Sahin has had a change of heart?  As I said, I'm not saying it is or isn't BS, but I'm hoping there is an element of truth in it.

"It's reckoned that Modric will be gone in the next week."

Poor Jonas. With Anita arriving, Marveaux fit and firing and Obertan single-handedly annihilating Hartlepool he doesn't have a hope in hell of getting a game.

Complete rubbish he'll more than likely be in the starting XI  :lol:

Not sure if he'll chuck Anita straight in (IF we sign him), Marveaux i really like the look of alot but he still has alot to prove. Obertan are you having a laugh now or what ?

Managers including Pardew love hardworking players like Jonas, he'll more likely than not start .

Obviously hoping AVB messes up at Spurs. That gives me extra hope that we can win this game.

Poor Jonas. With Anita arriving, Marveaux fit and firing and Obertan single-handedly annihilating Hartlepool he doesn't have a hope in hell of getting a game.

Complete rubbish he'll more than likely be in the starting XI  :lol:

Not sure if he'll chuck Anita straight in (IF we sign him), Marveaux i really like the look of alot but he still has alot to prove. Obertan are you having a laugh now or what ?

Managers including Pardew love hardworking players like Jonas, he'll more likely than not start .

Obviously hoping AVB messes up at Spurs. That gives me extra hope that we can win this game.

:lol:

Shot in the dark but is there any Edinburgh based toon fans on here? Up for the weekend and want to know if there's a bar which is pretty much guarenteed to show it.

I lived there for five years, the Links will almost definitely show it. Apart from that there's a place called sportsters. You shouldn't have too many problems really.

In an interview with Sky Tyne & Wear following the Cardiff game, Pardew says...

"We haven't brought any first team players in, but we are hoping to this week if we can, but that's not the be all and end all. We still have the team that ended last season, and it was a great team. We hope to put that team out against Spurs, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sounds fairly positive in terms of Ba, Cisse, Cabaya, Ben Arfa etc playing.

So best case:

Krul

Simpson - Taylor - Colo - Santon

Cabaye - Tiote - Jonas

Ben Arfa - Cisse - Ba

Worst case:

Krul

Simpson - Taylor - Williamson - Santon

Marveaux - Gosling - Perch - Jonas

Ameobi - Vuckic

something like that??

Imo the 4-3-3 highly depends on Ben Arfa, without him the squad is better suited to 4-4-2.

Shot in the dark but is there any Edinburgh based toon fans on here? Up for the weekend and want to know if there's a bar which is pretty much guarenteed to show it.

I lived there for five years, the Links will almost definitely show it. Apart from that there's a place called sportsters. You shouldn't have too many problems really.

Cheers mate, I'll be down there for sure as long as I can escape wor lasses claws. :thup: