Alan Pardew

Dave

Go on then. For a start, I don't rate him highly or even have that much faith in him. That's even more the case after today. However, my position all along has been that he deserves next season based on last year alone. I saw enough during that season that I could be happy with as a supporter going forward. If things haven't improved after the start of next season, he should be replaced. I don't have very much faith that he'd be adequately replaced mind.

As you say, he's obviously a good man manager and the players like him. I crave some form of stability here and, if he can reach the heights of last season again, I don't have any real personal dislike of him to prevent me wanting him as our manager.

Christ.

Installed a decent set of windows once?

You mention windows and look who shows up.  :lol:

The most relevant windows here are the ones being licked by the handful of people voting "No" at the top of this page.

In fairness we've been a long ball team since the days of Kinnear and later Hughton. There was a brief spell under Keegan where we played slightly better, and then that 3-4 months last season where we looked like a free flowing attacking force. However, in general the football has been pretty shocking for for many seasons, however at least the team under Hughton 'looked' like a team.

Disagree hugely with the bits in bold.

I want to know why those who have faith in Pardew actually do so? What is it about him do you believe that he is the man to take this club forward with the current squad that we have got? I will admit he is a good man manager as the players seem to like him but when it comes to tactics - can you please tell me what it is about him that you rate so highly?

Anybody?

Go on then. For a start, I don't rate him highly or even have that much faith in him. That's even more the case after today. However, my position all along has been that he deserves next season based on last year alone. I saw enough during that season that I could be happy with as a supporter going forward. If things haven't improved after the start of next season, he should be replaced. I don't have very much faith that he'd be adequately replaced mind.

As you say, he's obviously a good man manager and the players like him. I crave some form of stability here and, if he can reach the heights of last season again, I don't have any real personal dislike of him to prevent me wanting him as our manager.

Mate, we only have a certain window of time with these players and a fairly good quality squad. If we allow him to f*** up next season as well I can guarantee the better ones will be getting itchy feet.

you think they dont have itchy feet now?

They do, but it's nothing a shrewd manager couldn't put right. I think Sunderland probably have a harder run in than us but I'd be surprised if we finish ahead of them now. They will be lifted and revitalised by Di Klanio's aggression and positive game plan. We will continue to bumble about cluelessly.

Don't mind being a long ball team but i do when the midfield consists of Tiote, Gouffran, Marveaux, Sissoko and Cabaye ffs.

How hard can it be to play to a teams strengths :facepalm:

We looked just as shit playing in on the deck today. If anything, the option to play effective long ball may have won us the game. Sadly we have no real outlet for it.

And with Tiote as the deepest midfielder frankly I think hoofball would be less dangerous.

We were quite long-ball under Hughton. Barton with his diagonal punts up to Carroll, knocking them down for Nolan. I didn't mind though, as it worked.

There was no 3-4 months of exciting free-flowing football under Pardew last year though. We had a period where we got some good results, but it was magnificent play from our forward triumverate rather than any kind of tactical masterstroke from the manager. He just got lucky that 3 great players hit a purple patch at the same time. You can't base your tactics around that and expect long-term success.

Don't mind being a long ball team but i do when the midfield consists of Tiote, Gouffran, Marveaux, Sissoko and Cabaye ffs.

We looked just as s*** playing in on the deck today. If anything, the option to play effective long ball may have won us the game. Sadly we have no real outlet for it.

And with Tiote as the deepest midfielder frankly I think hoofball would be less dangerous.

Mainly because of how deep we were, in any case hoofball is out of the question when Cisse is your centre forward.

We looked just as shit playing in on the deck today.

That's because Pardew doesn't know how to implement a passing game, you need to encourage movement not holding a defensive line.

I want to know why those who have faith in Pardew actually do so? What is it about him do you believe that he is the man to take this club forward with the current squad that we have got? I will admit he is a good man manager as the players seem to like him but when it comes to tactics - can you please tell me what it is about him that you rate so highly?

Anybody?

That's your opinion but my opinion of your opinion is that you only looked at result. Cause we were nowhere good enough last season for large spells to say we should've been happy with how we played.

I can break down last season to you. We had a great unbeaten run in the beginning where confidence was high and the team was buzzing. The first difficult opposition we played we lost though. From losing that first game and forward we were not playing well and I'd like to remember in as much of a tactical mess as now and our early season run was holding us from falling down the table. We then reached a point in february where we were so terrible I couldn't stand watching us play. We bought Cisse and started playing Ben Arfa, the results changed and we rode their form all the way to the end. At no point was this team except the Man U game, tactically great. We were riding a lot of individual brilliances.

Might seem harsh but that's how I saw last season and I remember Mick agreeing with me. I knew this was going to happen as soon as players started to hit rough patches like this season and injuries started hitting us. We relied heavily on our top players to perform.

Sooner he goes the better.

Simply can not take this team forward. The longer we leave it the further we'll regress. He's run out of answers and solutions and deserves to lose his job.

Sack the cunt.

We looked just as s*** playing in on the deck today. If anything, the option to play effective long ball may have won us the game. Sadly we have no real outlet for it.

Mainly because of how deep we were, in any case hoofball is out of the question when Cisse is your centre forward.

I just wish you'd stop trying to imply we have this really talented, technical midfield. Our lot consistently struggle to keep the ball under and pressure and generally create not a bastarding thing.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8639762/Alan-Pardew-admits-Newcastle-looked-tired-during-derby-defeat-to-Sunderland

The Magpies boss told Sky Sports: "It looked like a team that had worked all week on the opposition and were fresh, and the other team looked tired - that was our team.

"We were tired and lost our shape a little bit at times and were off the cuff. We were just tired in the mind and in the body. A game like that, you can't be. It took its toll on us this week.

Clueless cunt!

Just fuck off man, fuck so far off.

I can see why people want stability especially when we are this close to relegation again with the mess we had last time we went down, but I think stability only works mind if you have the right manager at the helm. You have to see clear signs of improvement within the team, how they play in both defence and in attack etc. For example imo villa have improved recently, they always seem to play some decent football but are also now managing to get some points to go along with that, I'm aware they still can't defend very well though. This is the complete opposite with us, we show no signs of improving how we play, our defending is actually getting worse and our new signings are getting worse by the minute too. Basically Pardew isn't the man to lead us to stability and in reality I'd probably give lambert more time if he was here instead. (not that I want him as our manager, I'm just using him as example).

I just wish you'd stop trying to imply we have this really talented, technical midfield. Our lot consistently struggle to keep the ball under and pressure and generally create not a bastarding thing.

Yet last season they were able to form some parts.

Anybody?

That's your opinion but my opinion of your opinion is that you only looked at result. Cause we were nowhere good enough last season for large spells to say we should've been happy with how we played.

I can break down last season to you. We had a great unbeaten run in the beginning where confidence was high and the team was buzzing. The first difficult opposition we played we lost though. From losing that first game and forward we were not playing well and I'd like to remember in as much of a tactical mess as now and our early season run was holding us from falling down the table. We then reached a point in february where we were so terrible I couldn't stand watching us play. We bought Cisse and started playing Ben Arfa, the results changed and we rode their form all the way to the end. At no point was this team except the Man U game, tactically great. We were riding a lot of individual brilliances.

Might seem harsh but that's how I saw last season and I remember Mick agreeing with me. I knew this was going to happen as soon as players started to hit rough patches like this season and injuries started hitting us. We relied heavily on our top players to perform.

Not enough rewriting of history and arrogance for my liking.

Mate you can get rid of this midfield and bring in a new one for £30m, with a manager that sets them up to play like wax dummies it won't make a jot of difference.

Does anyone see us getting another ten points? Because that's what we'd need to equal the season in which we sacked Hughton.

Is stability really all that?

I don't and stability is nothing if you don't have a manager capable of managing a side like ours. I don't want to sack Pardew now, he deserves to go in the summer, he doesn't deserve to get stick and the sack after today because that's all we are going to remember him for.

Get someone fresh as soon as the season is over, give that person enough backing to spend some money on the team maybe sell Tiote and maybe Santon (I wouldn't do it except a ridiculous amount of money though) and let's start fresh.

We are going to go around in circles otherwise.