Alan Pardew

Dave

Usually when he peddles his excuses I can at least appreciate where he's coming from. He's talking absolute bullshit there.

Imagine if he came and out and said:

Shit, I've completely fucked this up haven't I? We had a great season last time round because we were tough to break down, fortunate with injuries and Ba and Cisse saw us through with brilliant scoring streaks. But now the injuries are mounting up and the individual brilliance isn't quite coming off we just look completely clueless don't we? We can't attack as a team, we can't pass the ball up the pitch, if I coached the squad into doing that the injuries wouldn't matter so much, we could still beat teams like Swansea, West Ham and Norwich at home if we focused on making the most out of our positive assets, rather than staying flat and rigid in an attempt to offset the weaknesses of the bad players and hoping for a bit of individual talent resulting in a goal every week. To be honest I'm as guilty as fat Mike for the team not pushing on in the summer, i should've built on the solid foundation we had and moved us into a more possession based game with the front 3 running the show, that 4-3-3 was electric at times wasnt it? What happened to that? Oh Demba doesn't like it. It's going to take ages for me to coach the lads a different way and for it to bear fruit, and to be honest I don't think I'm suited to it.

Imagine that.

I think he's starting to lose it. His post-match comments are just cowardly nonsense and his insistence on always having 2 strikers on the pitch is a detriment to the team, once again today we had very little presence in the centre of the pitch. The formation was just weird in the first half and using Sammy as a striker was just stupid.

We don't have the players to make a 2 man midfield work Pards.

Just clubs that want a PR man as manager, someone who'll accept no involvement in incoming or outgoing transfers, who trains and picks the team and is grateful for it. But that's old ground.

IMO in order for a club to have sustained success these days, 80% of the off-field stuff shouldn't be handled by a manager. Someone like Jol has experience of this. Focus on coaching and tactics primarily.

The squad players are dreadful, though. You look at our bench and it has no goals, little guile, no defensive ability.

Little wonder the big players don't perform as well as they could when they see that rabble behind them.

You only need 11 purple players man, it's foolproof. :lol:

Tbh there was more competition for places last season, with the likes of Guthrie and Best performing well and pushing for a starting place.

At the time, letting go of Guthrie and Best was seen as 'okay' because we assumed we'd be upgrading in the transfer market. Be really nice to have both back now, especially for Europa games. We really shot ourselves in the foot this past offseason.

the players he is widely believed to have wanted in the summer are exactly what we are missing:

Andy Carroll (how we could have used him in the last 2 games)

Debuchy - obvious improvement on Simpson

A centre half who can get goals from set pieces(and presumably would be a better footballer than Williamson).

If we had them and our central midfielders got settled and found some form we wouldn't look too bad imo.

I think we absolutely have to buy in January.

Meanwhile on the long journey home I listened to Norwich C v Man U and was gladdened that the manager that we sacked so that the manager that we have could take us to another level (or whatever bollocks the excuse was) engineered a 1-0 victory.

Can I re-vote please?

Was confident in him, but as laid back as I am, he is testing my patience.

We have been outplayed in last two home games (as well as many others). I know Swansea play tidy football but we made them look fantastic. Ben Arfa is the only one trying to make anything happen. Pards should have changed it and put Sammy on the right and Hatem just off Ba but his changes baffle me at times. Took Simpson off, and rather than put Anita there he moved Santon, who was having another great game, to the right and put Anita at left back. He is never a left back as long as I have a hole in my arse. Tactically crap this season.

“After ten games is when you can judge whether or not you have made a good start to the season, a bad start or just an indifferent start – and at the moment we are just getting going.”

12 games now Alan, and we've lost as many games as Norwich and Reading. Scored 7 goals in 7 home games. Won 0 away games.

We're looking decidedly bottom half.

“After ten games is when you can judge whether or not you have made a good start to the season, a bad start or just an indifferent start – and at the moment we are just getting going.”

12 games now Alan, and we've lost as many games as Norwich and Reading. Scored 7 goals in 7 home games. Won 0 away games.

We're looking decidedly bottom half.

True story

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20121117/highs-and-lows-for-shola_2281670_2983519

It was the first time since Pardew's appointment in December 2010 that Newcastle have lost consecutive matches at St. James' Park, with United having been notoriously difficult to beat on their own ground until this month.

"We spoke before the game about that and certainly that's something that we have to get back to," Ameobi said.

"That's where we get most of our points and it's important that we as a team are solid, especially at the back, and not leaking as many goals as we have been. I think that's been a problem - to have to score three goals to win a game is going to be difficult for any team so we have to make sure we get back to basics and work hard and defend well as a team and build from there.

"We're always going to score goals - we just have to make sure we're solid as a side."

Aye, that's what we need. To be more defensive.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20121117/highs-and-lows-for-shola_2281670_2983519

It was the first time since Pardew's appointment in December 2010 that Newcastle have lost consecutive matches at St. James' Park, with United having been notoriously difficult to beat on their own ground until this month.

"We spoke before the game about that and certainly that's something that we have to get back to," Ameobi said.

"That's where we get most of our points and it's important that we as a team are solid, especially at the back, and not leaking as many goals as we have been. I think that's been a problem - to have to score three goals to win a game is going to be difficult for any team so we have to make sure we get back to basics and work hard and defend well as a team and build from there.

"We're always going to score goals - we just have to make sure we're solid as a side."

Aye, that's what we need. To be more defensive.

He can fucking do one as far as I'm concerned.

The people on here before the game saying he should be starting ahead of Papiss Cisse ffs. I could fucking weep.

Shola Ameobi man. I love him but that's because I long ago accepted that he's shit, will score against them, can hold the ball in the corner at the end and takes a mean penalty. That's his lot.

Could barely be more wrong. So much rubbish being spouted today.