Newcastle 2 - 1 Spurs - 18/08/12 - post-match jubilation from page 35

Beren

Kevin Nolan scores goals. Case closed.

:lol: Isn't the point of football to score goals?

No. It's to score them and work as a team to prevent them. Defoe is a player that is carried for his goal scoring ability. Aside from that he offers zero.

Somebody's gotta do it, won't be winning many games if you can't find the net. No matter how good your defense is.

I don't care if a striker stands around jostling his balls for 90 minutes, if he puts the ball in the net with consistency, I want him on my side.

I don't. Players like that aren't enough anymore at the top level. Hernandes at Man United is the only player at the top teams that solely scores goals and even then he's pretty much always a sub.

Probably why Inzaghi only scored a measly 70 goals in European competition.

At 29, Defoe is 16 league goals away from being in the top 10 highest scorers in Premier League history. He's 12 goals away from being in England's top 10 highest scorers list, despite never playing a full 90 mins and 19 goals away from being in Tottenham's all time top 5 highest scorers list.

He simply isn't a bad player.

The points you make mean nothing. He's not in the top ten highest scorers in Premier League histoy. He's not in England's top ten highest scorers list. He's not in Spurs' all time top 5 highest scorers list. He's a greedy fucking thick little midget.

http://i.imgur.com/7L0gB.png

:lol:

It's funny cos it's true.

However yours would read "I can't this is important - I've got to post a hilarious cartoon mocking two cunts I've never met before on an internet forum'  ;)

I'm waiting for the

You coming to bed?

I can't

Why not?

I need to join every football forum ever created.

thought Spurs were no great shakes, their goal was fortunate (very) and pretty obvious with the various media outlets we are and haven't been anyones favourites for a long time, perhaps for the best,keeps pressure away from us.

Overall a very sloppy performance, but delighted with the performances of Ben Arfa, Perch, Stevie T, and Jonas (2nd half). We just need to tighten up on  sloppiness.

Favourite moment of the match, after Ba scored, the celebration of the players was a proper "We're Back!!!!" moment. Awesome!!!

That will happen with it being the first game back. Very excited about this team.

Spurs seemed much sharper from the off though. You can chalk it up to first game teething but it just puzzled me a bit....first half was very laclustre considering how up for the season players must be. It's good that we can play poorly in spells and win and 2nd was worlds apart so I'm of course happy nonetheless.

Guest BooBoo

Anyone else think Tiote was very poor in possession yesterday?

And not for the first time...

Yep, his passing is a liability when he's not on his game.

Anyone else think Tiote was very poor in possession yesterday?

And not for the first time...

Yep. It's a significant weakness in his game. His passing is erratic and he's slow in getting them away.

At 29, Defoe is 16 league goals away from being in the top 10 highest scorers in Premier League history. He's 12 goals away from being in England's top 10 highest scorers list, despite never playing a full 90 mins and 19 goals away from being in Tottenham's all time top 5 highest scorers list.

He simply isn't a bad player.

The points you make mean nothing. He's not in the top ten highest scorers in Premier League histoy. He's not in England's top ten highest scorers list. He's not in Spurs' all time top 5 highest scorers list. He's a greedy f***ing thick little midget.

You shouldn't really comment on "the point" if you completely miss it.

Krul 6

Simpson 7

Santon 7

Saylor 7

Perch 7

Cabaye 4

Tiote 5

(Anita) 6

Jonas 6

HBA 8

Ba 6

Cisse 5

Fwiw think this is pretty much bang on, maybe a 7 for Ba for the excellent goal. Thought Cisse looked way off the pace (Ramadan?) and the central midfielders likewise.

Neither team played particularly well but you won due to 2 moments of incisiveness - Ba's clinical finish and Ben Arfa's dart through the gap - and that's all that matters. AVB is deluding himself if he genuinely thought Spurs played well in the 2nd half, they were awful.

Credit needs to go to a Coloccini-deprived defence as well. Taylor probably deserves a 10 for his crafty backpass to Krul.