Newcastle vs Aston Villa - 02/09/12 @ 4pm NOT ON TELEVISION

Beren

I say this pretty much every time it happens, but it's ridiculous that I can watch this game on TV and so can a lot of the world based on that list and you can't in England. Would drive me crazy.

Arguably the reason you can watch it is because we can't.

who does villa have on lb position?

Well, we've got three LBs. Stephen Warnock, who is shite, and is training with the kids until someone takes him away. Enda Stephens, who is a kid. Joe Bennett who we signed last week.

We played Nathan Baker there last week, but he'll be in his natural position at CB tomorrow as Ciaran Clark is suspended. Baker is very impressive.

Clark's already served his suspension.

I say this pretty much every time it happens, but it's ridiculous that I can watch this game on TV and so can a lot of the world based on that list and you can't in England. Would drive me crazy.

Arguably the reason you can watch it is because we can't.

Huh? I can see every single PL game. No exceptions.

Guest neesy111

I agree that the EL group stage is ridiculous, but once you get out of it you can be looking at some cracking ties. Last year's EL knockout phase was - imho - far superior to the CL.

Having champions league drop down into it is a farce.

Yeah I really do hate how the CL failures drop down, it's really not very fair at all.

Yeah, I felt a bit sorry for Stoke last season. They should have had the spotlight on them, first European campaign, two-legged tie against Spanish giants...yet it hardly registered on the radar because of Man Utd & Man City's matches.

Yeah I really do hate how the CL failures drop down, it's really not very fair at all.

Yeah, I felt a bit sorry for Stoke last season. They should have had the spotlight on them, first European campaign, two-legged tie against Spanish giants...yet it hardly registered on the radar because of Man Utd & Man City's matches.

:yao:

A few people on twitter are asking for us to respect the applause for Petrov that villa fans are planning for the 19th minute.

Why wouldn't we?

Because us northerners are just a bunch of heartless, inconsiderate wankers. It's true. Just ask Swansea.

I agree that the EL group stage is ridiculous, but once you get out of it you can be looking at some cracking ties. Last year's EL knockout phase was - imho - far superior to the CL.

Having champions league drop down into it is a farce.

I agree completely. Just remember than the CL is built to maximise the amount of games from big European teams. The group phase with the top 2 qualifying (I remember in the first editions of the group format only the top teams qualified), the fact that the 3rd one still gets EL just in case something weird happens (like last season with ManU)... it's all a bit farcical really.

:yao:

You know what I mean though. :lol:

A few people on twitter are asking for us to respect the applause for Petrov that villa fans are planning for the 19th minute.

Why wouldn't we?

No idea, the villa fan who had tweeted it said......

@GeordieVillan: I no #nufc fans arn't the friendliest towards #avfc but would like them to respect our 19th minuet applause for out captain #Pray4Petrov

Why wouldn't we?

No idea, the villa fan who had tweeted it said......

@GeordieVillan: I no #nufc fans arn't the friendliest towards #avfc but would like them to respect our 19th minuet applause for out captain #Pray4Petrov

Ah, they dance a minuet for him? How dainty.

Spelling and twitter, man. Just read before you hit enter.

I'm expecting a noble loss unfortunately, we actually had one of our better games last season in this fixture last year under McLeish until Cisse predictably scored the winner on his debut. I'm not expecting anything so as long as we have a go at them and the intent to win is there I'll be satisfied. I think Ba and Cisse will have a field day against our defence however.

4-0 newcastle and barely a shot on target. I have a feeling this will even more of a debacle than last.weekend.

Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Guitierrez, Ba and Cisse with Given,Lowton,Bennett,Vlaar and Baker as the defence. No chance

I've got a sneaky feeling for a 1-0 Villa win here.

Could be letting my heart rule my head but come on the Villa our season needs to get started, Ron Vlaar 90th minute!

I'd go something like

-------------Given

Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett

------KEA --- Herd

--Ireland -------- Bannan / Holman

------Bent -- Wiemann

#

I am not now and never will be afraid of the barcodes. I think we'l win 2-0

3-0 to Newcastle.

This is the first away game that I've missed for a long time! It's one of my favourite stadiums to visit but I just couldn't be bothered with the long travelling this time around. First one I miss for ages and it's not even on TV either. Typical.

WE WILL WIN TODAY.

Come on you Villa boys, Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and start expressing yourselves.

pathetic kick off time. 4 o'clock and not even on tele.