Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

YES, the flukiest point ever.

On the balance of play, yes, on decisions no.

For me Anichebe got the faintest of touches before Fellaini.

For the one that went over the line, it was never a free kick in the first place, then we should have been allowed to play on and there was a 99% chance that we would have scored. Oh and lets not forget that they should have been down to 10 men.

Fluky morale booster + comfortable cup victory...

Could, COULD, be the beginning of our season. There was a seriously marked improvement from first half to second which has soothed some of my worries about the mentality of the players.

Like the last round? :lol:

I gets what you mean though.

Well, I called the changes at HT! :coolsmiley: Over the moon with the point, but a get our of jail free goal card used up tonight. Fellani was onside, and Annicibe's goal was over the line. But two superb strikes from Ba, Cabaye found his passing range and Anita and Jonas shut down Baines.

Very much a point won, but by christ - fortunate!

LOL a point that I will easily take.

AND Harper was not that bad FFS. Both of the goals that counted were good ones and would have been very difficult to save. Not that anyone will listen because there will be more senseless Harper bashing for the next couple of days.

Fantastic given we only played for 45 minutes.  Massive difference going 442 to stop Baines and Pienaar.  Fantastic chest from Shola for Demba's second.  Unbelievable that it came from a Williamson thump!  Quite confident for the Norwich game on Sunday now.  Think Pardew will go with a similar team.

Steve Brenner from The Sun reckons Obertan refused to go on.

Two periods in that game where we looked like we could be arsed and we dominated during them, for the rest of the game we looked like we couldn't give a shit and played like a bunch of clowns. When our attitude's right we look like the team which finished 5th last season, when it's not we don't. We need to be 100% at it all the time, hopefully by the next game we'll have our game heads sorted, 'bout time too.

Well Ba is back, Santon was ace, Taylor had some right moments and Cabaye slipped in two great balls. Cheers lads, I love football

:bluestar: :bluestar: