Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/12 - post match relief from page 29

Greg

That was pretty good, we're well on top and just at the point I was starting to think that it might be a frustrating afternoon we managed to get a goal. People are banging on about the long ball, but there's nothing wrong with the odd long ball if we're playing with pace and it's done early before the opposition have the chance to get organised and that's what we've done for the vast majority of the time. We've finally started playing with the pace we were last season and we look so much better for it. Now everything is crisp and sharp and we're mixing it up, some long balls, some short and more intricate passing and some dribbling, it's much much better than the early season, when we looked unfit and were therefore way off the pace. It's as simple as that for me, now we're fit we're playing well, whereas before we were unfit and played badly. We'll be alright from here on in, but how many points have we thrown away up to now due to lack of fitness? I can't understand why any coach would allow his players to start the season unfit, it's ridiculous.

Anyway, let's get a couple more in the second and win this by the margin our dominance deserves.

Talk about jinxing it! :lol:

Massive get out of jail card there. Obviously we're still not fit enough, that second half performance was totally ragged.

Very happy to get 3 points, even if they are totally unjustified. I was kind of hoping to hear what Pardew had to say about that shambles of a second half but that's going to change what he has to say.

Incredible surge of delight following that last gasp goal, and hahahaha to all the twats leaving the ground after 85 minutes.

We were poor and knicked 3 points - at home :(

Pardew will be even more unwilling to break from 4-4-2 now :(

Obertan is so frustrating, just stands watching sometimes like when Cisse was hassling Ridgewell on the edge of the box. And don't get me started on Williamson and Simpson....

Krul 8 - Kept us in at times

Simpson 4 - poor, should have done better to stop the cross for their goal

Colo 7 - solid enough

Williamson 6 - okay

Santon - 7 decent

Jonas 5 - poor

Cabaye 4 - anonymous

Perch 6 - did his best

Ben Arfa 4 - awful

Ba - 7 good finish

Shola - 5 poor, not a wide man, decent header to set up goal