Liverpool 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22

What a goal that was from Suarez. Beautiful. Is that pronunciation of Cabaye correct, like it has acute on the e?

Expand

49s Philippe Auclair ‏@PhilippeAuclair

@OllieHolt22 No - Ka-bye, as in au revoir and all that.

Hide conversation  Reply  Retweet  Favorite

aye so basically commentators are divvies.

To be fair that was very balanced compared to the Sky coverage.

should've tried radio 5. despite the commentators repeatedly saying through out the first half that for all liverpool just about had the better of the play they were creating nothing, the studio anchor after the half time sports headlines came out with "and at anfield it's liverpool 0 newcastle 1" in that rtesults voice used when a non league are winning away at a prem club "but liverpool are dominated and have had many,many chances".

on to the game itself having quickly whizzed trhrough it on returning home from work, i have no problem with the sending off, looked very much a sending off from the closest angle to the ref but on the replays there is one particular angle which shows why we should appeal (the type of appeal that works for certain other clubs but never does for certain other clubs) in that if colo had meant it he couldn't have missed but in fact pulls out and just barges him instead, also sterling kicked out not once but twice at simpson, had simpson hit the deck it would've been red but it shouldn't need that.

we actually had some nice little bits of play but too infrequently, we have to get ben arfa into the game more and i still think we get much more from him on the left.

Suarez's goal was better than Cabaye's?  f*** off man.

It was.

depends how you like your goals, team goal with skill and technique or solo goal with skill and technique. i'm a team goal man myself but i can understand others seeing it the other way. having listened to the game on the radio and only seeing the goals much later i was expecting theres to be much better than it actually was, whereas as ours was much better than was made out.