Newcastle United vs Swansea City - Saturday 17th November, 3pm

Decky

Facing three midfielders has proved a problem for us' date=' we have that same scenario on Saturday against Swansea because otherwise one of the strikers will have to play on the side.[/quote']

Funny that isn't it!?  Most decent teams play 3 in the middle.  Most teams that struggle will pack the midfield as a safety first approach.  We, play a horribly rigid, 4-4-2.  No wonder we fucking struggle Pards  :hmm:

Facing three midfielders has proved a problem for us' date=' we have that same scenario on Saturday against Swansea because otherwise one of the strikers will have to play on the side.[/quote']

Funny that isn't it!?  Most decent teams play 3 in the middle.  Most teams that struggle will pack the midfield as a safety first approach.  We, play a horribly rigid, 4-4-2.  No wonder we f***ing struggle Pards  :hmm:

No Pards, one of the strikers doesn't fucking have to - Ferguson, Sammy, Marveux etc are all better options than Cisse or Shola on the fucking wing. Man up for fuck sake

Worrying about what they're doing, for a change. Why not just play to our strengths and let them worry about us...we're at home ffs

This, we should be going at them with no fear at all but Pards will make sure we worry about them more than concentrate on ourselves

Funny that isn't it!?  Most decent teams play 3 in the middle.  Most teams that struggle will pack the midfield as a safety first approach.  We, play a horribly rigid, 4-4-2.  No wonder we f***ing struggle Pards  :hmm:

No Pards, one of the strikers doesn't f***ing have to - Ferguson, Sammy, Marveux etc are all better options than Cisse or Shola on the f***ing wing. Man up for f*** sake

The full set of quotes is a bit depressing TBH:

He also rejected talk the formation had altered significantly from the 4-3-3 system which saw him hit 13 goals from January until the end of last season.

Pardew added: “It is not an ideal scenario leading up to a game when a guy we are trying to get to hit his best form has this over him.

“We need to create more opportunities for him. We are trying to work on procedures in the team, more chances for him. I think he will find his best form and his form is mirroring the team a little bit.

“We have not changed the system. Demba played many games defensively out there but then Demba would join him as a pair during the games. I don’t think that’s it.

“I think Cheick (Tiote) has had a disjointed season. (Yohan) Cabaye has a groin problem and that has meant he has not been at full capacity, so that’s been a big thing behind Cissé.

“The three midfielders have proved a problem for us when we have faced them and we have that same scenario on Saturday against Swansea because otherwise one of the strikers will have to play on the side.

“A big part of our success last year was those two midfielders coped with the threat of three midfielders, with the help of Demba.”

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/11/16/papiss-cisse-at-centre-of-club-country-row-61634-32243233/#ixzz2CNTVfaDI

So yeah, blame it on the injuries and loss of form of certain players.  Don't expect any drastic changes soon....

No Pards, one of the strikers doesn't f***ing have to - Ferguson, Sammy, Marveux etc are all better options than Cisse or Shola on the f***ing wing. Man up for f*** sake

The full set of quotes is a bit depressing TBH:

He also rejected talk the formation had altered significantly from the 4-3-3 system which saw him hit 13 goals from January until the end of last season.

Pardew added: “It is not an ideal scenario leading up to a game when a guy we are trying to get to hit his best form has this over him.

“We need to create more opportunities for him. We are trying to work on procedures in the team, more chances for him. I think he will find his best form and his form is mirroring the team a little bit.

“We have not changed the system. Demba played many games defensively out there but then Demba would join him as a pair during the games. I don’t think that’s it.

“I think Cheick (Tiote) has had a disjointed season. (Yohan) Cabaye has a groin problem and that has meant he has not been at full capacity, so that’s been a big thing behind Cissé.

“The three midfielders have proved a problem for us when we have faced them and we have that same scenario on Saturday against Swansea because otherwise one of the strikers will have to play on the side.

“A big part of our success last year was those two midfielders coped with the threat of three midfielders, with the help of Demba.”

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/11/16/papiss-cisse-at-centre-of-club-country-row-61634-32243233/#ixzz2CNTVfaDI

So yeah, blame it on the injuries and loss of form of certain players.  Don't expect any drastic changes soon....

I was quite positive reading the mini quote, the full thing reads the other way. procedures :lol: are our players going to come onto the field with reams of paperwork?

Demba's been dropping deep!? He's never back, neither of our strikers are, hence why we're always hoofing it. There's nobody in the middle to help link things because the midfield pairing are always overworked and deep, Alan!

Demba often drops back to help/replace Cabaye. He did it loads against West Ham.

Krul

Simpson      Saylor          Williamson    Santon

Anita              Tiote

HBA                    Marveaux              Sammy

Ba

Krul

Simpson Williamson Taylor Santon

Tiote        Anita

Ben Arfa

Sammy              Ba            Ferguson

That's just me being experimental, and there's no way in hell that will be the team, but I just want to see us go at them from the first whistle, get in behind them and win by a comfortable margin.

Looking forward to the beers. The match? Nah, almost certain it'll be a chore so I best get tanked pre match.

Same here. Can't believe I'm getting a train up tonight so I can go to this, looking forwards to the faces and the drink more than the actual game.