Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With the TV money being so big next season Ashley will want to protect his investment and I have no doubt he will sack Pardew if this run continues and we are in genuine relegation danger. I don't think he will act yet though.

Why he waits until we are 2-1 down to make the changes is beyond me, we had too many players that were shattered

Marveaux should have been on much earlier

He's a negative focused, reactive manager, and has been for his entire time here (give or take a few games).

I was going to say the same thing myself. He doesn't know how to take control of a game, even when it's there to be won he'll just stand there like a dick until it's too late.

http://www.magpieszone.com/toon/2008/02/03022008_kevin-keegan.jpg

:aww: :aww:

Compare the side he had in 2008 to the one Pardew has had for the last 16 months man :anguish:

Imagine how we'd playing, compared to the cowardly, defensive shite that has been served up since the end of April this year

Guest GeordieAce

Id love to see what someone like Martinez could do with our squad. Seems to encourage more of an attacking approach and carpet football. He was all but ready to leave for Liverpool before Rodgers got the gig, so would it be beyond the realms of possibility?

With the TV money being so big next season Ashley will want to protect his investment and I have no doubt he will sack Pardew if this run continues and we are in genuine relegation danger. I don't think he will act yet though.

I think he has to, we are getting humped all over in December if Pardew is still there, need a change and I never thought I would say that at beginning of season, he has just no clue how to sort this and it's fucking scary

I wish he would, so tired of this cunt.

It's very hard to defend Pardew now, but you have to have a bit of sympathy for him - the board have well and truly screwed him over. Look at the side we put out - four players you'd consider central midfielders together, two strikers who can't play alongside one another, 50% of our defence at championship standard, no flair or creativity whatsoever. And our choice of attacking subs were someone who's played a handful of games in the past 2 or 3 years, someone who is clearly not ready for the top flight and a lad who hasn't bothered training with the first team for 16 months. The resources for this game at least were downright poor.

So i'm surprised we did as well as we did for as long as we did this evening. of course we weren't good - far from it, but in comparison to our recent squalid performances the players did seem to show a bit more movement and Anita for example had a good game linking up and blocking off Stoke's passing opportunities. Unfortunately the morale blow of losing late will have probably wiped out any encouraging signs.

Still, once they equalised the team looked lost - no character, leadership or spine in there. everyone is low on morale and feeling sorry for themselves and we didn't have the bite to hang on. For the past few seasons we've had exceptional team spirit - the best since i've started following us 20 years ago - and it seems to have vanished completely. And that, i'm afraid, has to 100% go back to Pardew. Totally unacceptable.

On top of the other litany of faults and issues it's looking very, very grim. I can't imagine we'd get relegated with the talent we have but we are more than a third of the way through the campaign and have shown relegation form and relegation performances and we're only heading in one direction.

http://www.magpieszone.com/toon/2008/02/03022008_kevin-keegan.jpg

:aww: :aww:

Compare the side he had in 2008 to the one Pardew has had for the last 16 months man :anguish:

Imagine how we'd playing, compared to the cowardly, defensive s**** that has been served up since the end of April this year

Got Owens, Viduka and Martins playing well.

Pardew has Cissé, Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye.

We didn't deserve to win at all tonight.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew: "The improvement from Sunday was immense and we deserved something I thought we were the better side I thought we could have a penalty at 1-0 but two sucker punches have cost us. It's galling because we're on this run and we're having setback after setback and I feel sorry for the players. That team won't go far short if we play like that."

Id love to see what someone like Martinez could do with our squad. Seems to encourage more of an attacking approach and carpet football. He was all but ready to leave for Liverpool before Rodgers got the gig, so would it be beyond the realms of possibility?

Yes because of Mike Ashley

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew: "The improvement from Sunday was immense and we deserved something I thought we were the better side I thought we could have a penalty at 1-0 but two sucker punches have cost us. It's galling because we're on this run and we're having setback after setback and I feel sorry for the players. That team won't go far short if we play like that."

A penalty for what? Chestball? :lol:

Why he waits until we are 2-1 down to make the changes is beyond me, we had too many players that were shattered

This was the most glaringly obvious one - the same two subs around about the 70th min would have seen us through

Marveaux and Anita together in a midfield 5 resulted in arguably the worst 45 mins of the season away at Everton, and they didn't look even look great at home to Maritimo. They'd get completely overpowered by Stoke.

It's very hard to defend Pardew now, but you have to have a bit of sympathy for him - the board have well and truly screwed him over. Look at the side we put out - four players you'd consider central midfielders together, two strikers who can't play alongside one another, 50% of our defence at championship standard, no flair or creativity whatsoever. And our choice of attacking subs were someone who's played a handful of games in the past 2 or 3 years, someone who is clearly not ready for the top flight and a lad who hasn't bothered training with the first team for 16 months. The resources for this game at least were downright poor.

So i'm surprised we did as well as we did for as long as we did this evening. of course we weren't good - far from it, but in comparison to our recent squalid performances the players did seem to show a bit more movement and Anita for example had a good game linking up and blocking off Stoke's passing opportunities. Unfortunately the morale blow of losing late will have probably wiped out any encouraging signs.

Still, once they equalised the team looked lost - no character, leadership or spine in there. everyone is low on morale and feeling sorry for themselves and we didn't have the bite to hang on. For the past few seasons we've had exceptional team spirit - the best since i've started following us 20 years ago - and it seems to have vanished completely. And that, i'm afraid, has to 100% go back to Pardew. Totally unacceptable.

On top of the other litany of faults and issues it's looking very, very grim. I can't imagine we'd get relegated with the talent we have but we are more than a third of the way through the campaign and have shown relegation form and relegation performances and we're only heading in one direction.

Yeah Anita was MOM for me and we did show some fight at last for about 70min, the goal killed us. Tiote has been shit all season and isn't the player he thinks he is...At school level it's drummed into you not to do diagonal passes in CM that can get cut out as it did...He then spent 5 secs apologising instead of chasing back - Goal!

Can't disagree with regard to resources and squad depth -  it is very very average at this level and tempting fate when none of that was necessary with a couple of more players coming in: But Pards did say he was happy with it. Now he has to live with that...More interested in looking after himself than the health of the team??

This was the most glaringly obvious one - the same two subs around about the 70th min would have seen us through

Marveaux and Anita together in a midfield 5 resulted in arguably the worst 45 mins of the season away at Everton

Not surprising since Marveaux is a forward.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wow he was quick coming out ;)

Wow he was quick coming out ;)

He's fighting for his job.

A penalty for what? Chestball? :lol:

More guff from Pardew. We were fucking dire for most of that game. Same old set piece routines, same old long ball shite.