Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Simpsons f***ing awful. Every single time he attempts to put in a cross it's high floated and picked up easy by their keeper. If we have to play him it should just be on the understanding that no c*** passes to him. And don't get me started on Jonas!

He actually had one of his better games today tbf, he at least put the effort in

On another day we might have got something, it's just not going for us though. But that being said, Pardew is making absolute passengers in our team undroppable, such as Jonas and Williamson, and it's costing us massively.

Pardew hasn't done that, tbh. The idiots above him have.

Not when you have alternatives in Marveaux and Perch that can arguably do a better job.

Perch is every bit as useless as Williamson at CB.

I beg to differ, it may not be his best position, but Williamson has had enough chances, I'd rather see Perch have a go. At the very least it would stop 80% of our long balls.

It would just be Krul doing it instead.

Simpsons f***ing awful. Every single time he attempts to put in a cross it's high floated and picked up easy by their keeper. If we have to play him it should just be on the understanding that no c*** passes to him. And don't get me started on Jonas!

He actually had one of his better games today tbf, he at least put the effort in

from purely a defensive point of view, without simpson today we would have got absolutely destroyed. 

That's what it has come to now.

We played some decent stuff, but the frustrating thing is it so obvious which players are holding the team back to everyone but Pardew. All he literally has to do is bring in Perch for Williamson and Marveaux for Gutierrez and that's a first eleven easily capable of a top half finish. The substitutions were absolutely baffling, we had all the momentum and the Ben Arfa - who was one of if not the best player on the pitch at that point - is subbed. Ridiculous stuff. I'm confident enough that we'll be able to cobble together enough points to avoid the drop, but with the players at our disposal that isn't good enough in the slightest.

Guest Geordiesned

Tiote shit again. Jonas shit again but stays on again. Anita's our best passer and linked midfield and forwards well but taken off. Simpson constantly floating crosses in from deep positions giving forwards no chance. Ben Arfa scores a great goal and starts to run midfield and is taken off.

FUCK OFF PARDEW YOU CLUELESS CUNT!

If that was us 'controlling the 2nd half', I'd hate to see us under the cosh :lol:

It's because we're so s***, every little detail of things that are less s*** gets highlighted as the "good moments". We have no clue and it's not gonna change.

anyone thinks we controlled the 2nd half needs to get real, we had about 20 min max of good passage of play in the 2nd half, and thats 20 mins in an entire 90 minutes match.

that is unacceptable.

No point in blaming Williamson. The first goal came after two weak challenges from Colo. Williamson can't be blamed for trying to block the shot. For the second goal, Colo was beaten all ends up by the man he was marking. He can't defend set pieces.

I just don't know what we're getting from Tiote. He slows the play up when in possession and often loses it. His range of passing is poor. If he was great at protecting the back four I wouldn't mind, but we were often exposed tonight.

Cisse and Ba - we've been through all that before.

We played better tonight than we have done for a few weeks tbh, and so it's worrying that we still lost to an average side.

Krul 7 - couple of smart stops

Danny 'Alves' Simpson 7 - considering he was the whole right hand side he was rarely caught out and was a constant option going forward

Williamson 5 - never got to grips with the game

Coloccini 5.5 - shocker of a first, much better second, probably our most dangerous attacker

Santon 5 - poor by his standards

Jonas 4.5 - pretty much no redeeming features

Tiote 4.5 - hospital balls aplenty, given the runaround by Sidwell and Berbatov when he dropped off

Anita 6.5 - kept the ball moving well but faded

Cisse 4 - can't remember him contributing anything of note

Ba 5.5 - toiled with no service

Ben Arfa 7 - couple of moments of magic but quiet for large parts of the first

Shola 0 - came on and fouled/stood around

Pardew 3 - Started 4-3-3, wasn't working, changed it to 4-4-2 it looked like to me and it worked for a period and then some absolutely shocking subs killed us off. Seemed like more a conscious effort to pass it tonight though.

BLAAAAAARGH

For some reason I am absolutely livid at losing this game more than any other game this season. I think when Ben Arfa scored, and we had that dominant spell, I genuinely thought we could go on to win it. f***ing distraught to be honest.

Sidwell and Baird ...