Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A sharp dose of reality here chaps.  We are a poor team in the unfashionable North who don't pay big wages.  Why would he come here when he can move to a more ambitious club in the capital who appear to have big plans in this window and are paying him much more money?  My bet is that they will finish above us anyway come the end of the season.

We are where we deserve to be, we can't rely on our french contingent to 'persuade' him to come here.  If you were working abroad you wouldn't go to work for someone just because there were english lads there, if someone down the road offered you much more money.  You would go with the money and laugh your cock off at the rest.  Can't blame him one bit.

Yup, understand why he's gone there

Typical really, we sell a forward with the idea of replacing him with one particular player, who ends up fucking off somewhere else. :lol: QPR pipping us to the post makes for a great excuse on February 1st.

A sharp dose of reality here chaps.  We are a poor struggling team in the unfashionable North who don't pay big wages.  Why would he come here when he can move to a more ambitious club in the capital who appear to have big plans in this window and are paying him much more money?  My bet is that they will finish above us anyway come the end of the season.

We are where we deserve to be, we can't rely on our french contingent to 'persuade' him to come here.  If you were working abroad you wouldn't go to work for someone just because there were english lads there, if someone down the road offered you much more money.  You would go with the money and laugh your cock off at the rest.  Can't blame him one bit.

Yup, understand why he's gone there

I would say just about every player is a mercenary these days. A player from France won't have any attachment to an English club. I don't blame Rémy for going to QPR. My problem is with QPR. How a club with a 19K seater stadium who are currently bottom of the Premiership can pay a player a reported £70K to £85K a week is beyond me. Those are the sort of wages only a Champions League team should be paying for top players. I doubt Everton, Spurs, Newcastle or teams of that stature will be paying any of their players £70K+ a week. It's not as if Rémy will be the only QPR player on mega wages. There's also talk of Rémy being able to leave on a free if QPR get relegated. That is an insane clause (similar to the one Ba had at West Ham?).

I really don't understand how Tony Fernandes can splash so much cash. Relatively speaking he's not that wealth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Fernandes

In 2010, Forbes Asia valued Fernandes' personal wealth at $400 million ranking him at number 19 on the Forbes list of Malaysia's Richest.

His Caterham F1 team probably costs a minimum of £30m a year to run. Money gets divided in F1 based on how many points a team scores. The Caterham team are yet to score a single point so he's received no money there. They are also sponsored by his own Air Asia airline so there's no money there either. That's before the cost of buying the F1 team and QPR is taken into account. Add in all the players and their contracts at QPR, I don't know how he does it.

Guest chicken little

If you consider wages, league status, ambition, support, manager and location as a package we weren't able to offer Ba a sufficiently attractive package to stay or Remy a sufficiently attractive to join. Stating the obvious really but we have to accept that NUFC aren't a very attractive package under MA.

yet we somehow managed to sign ben arfa, cabaye, debuchy, cisse, anita...?

If you consider wages, league status, ambition, support, manager and location as a package we weren't able to offer Ba a sufficiently attractive package to stay or Remy a sufficiently attractive to join. Stating the obvious really but we have to accept that NUFC aren't a very attractive package under MA.

yet we somehow managed to sign ben arfa, cabaye, debuchy, cisse, anita...?

Yup, now instead of signing on the promise of what 'could be', these players are watching what 'currently is'. Our style of 'football' is horseshit and we make Stoke look like Brazil, at least they play to their strengths.

Guest malandro

yet we somehow managed to sign ben arfa, cabaye, debuchy

But won't be able to hang onto them unless they do a Tiote?

Which clubs were we competing with for their signature?

Daniel White ‏@danwhitejourno

#nufc tried to sign Maiga last January & eventually signed Papiss Cisse. Good news could still take place this January transfer window.

This is true. Keep the faith.

We missed out on Gervinho, Maiga & De Jong and they've not worked out. I'm keeping faith too.