Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

He scores when he wants would actually be both a relevant song and a subtle, sideways glance at him being a potential rapist. Every thinking football fan will realise how funny we all are.

I don't know... the big (ie CL) clubs weren't in for him before, and I'm not sure they're going to be in for him now. Possibly Arsenal, as cover for Giroud.

I like him, and I hope we sign him, but his first touch is a bit hit and miss tbh.

His first touch would have to be catastrophic to make clubs overlook his other attributes, like pace, speed of thought, the ability to play wide and goals. I could quite easily see Spurs or Liverpool casting an eye over him as well as Arsenal. For £8m and a reasonable wage by their standard, he'd be an attractive proposition.

He'll go to chelsea and get discarded, he's proved already he's in it for the money by going to QPR.

I'm not going to moan, we knew what we were getting, great loan but we need to sign a long term replacement and a backup in january so we're not left high and dry in summer

who am i kidding, we'll sign a shit striker in january, lose Remy in summer and not replace  :undecided:

Let's get Remy to rumble

(Let's get Remy to rumble)

Shola's on a bike

Shola's on a bike

Psyche (ul)!

Let's get let's get let's get)

(Remy Remy)

(Let's get Remy Remy)

(Let's get Remy Remy)

straight up proven

We can get you groovin'

This track's boomin'

It ain't know hype

Shola's on a bike,

Shola's on a bike.

Psyche (ul)!

Guest firetotheworks

Let's get Remy to rumble

Shola's on a bike

Shola's on a bike

Psyche (ul)!

Let's get let's get let's get)

(Remy Remy)

(Let's get Remy Remy)

(Let's get Remy Remy)

Change it to "Shola on ya bike" and "Psyche" to "Bike" and it'll work on two levels.

I prefer the original.

We got shafted in the Ba case?

Doubt it, he would never have signed in the first place without the release clause, it was always his objective to earn a big-money move somewhere else IMO.

Or earn big money here if we were prepared to pay it. The fact we have to face is that strikers of the quality of Ba and Remy will always attract a big club sooner or later who will pay them big club wages. It's impossible to hold onto these player without paying the going rate.

There's no such thing as the going rate. If you mean 'as much as Chelsea' then I can't agree we should be doing that.

No one can match Chelsea or Man City because they are sovereign state clubs, not businesses. But what about Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal? All of them operate within a budget and only Arsenal have had CL money on a regular basis over the last few years, but they'll still pay the money to secure the quality players when they're  worth it. I doubt Suarez is on 50k a week.

This - well said, Tron, on the button but you are wasting your time debating it with him.....

Doubt it, he would never have signed in the first place without the release clause, it was always his objective to earn a big-money move somewhere else IMO.

Or earn big money here if we were prepared to pay it. The fact we have to face is that strikers of the quality of Ba and Remy will always attract a big club sooner or later who will pay them big club wages. It's impossible to hold onto these player without paying the going rate.

There's no such thing as the going rate. If you mean 'as much as Chelsea' then I can't agree we should be doing that.

No one can match Chelsea or Man City because they are sovereign state clubs, not businesses. But what about Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal? All of them operate within a budget and only Arsenal have had CL money on a regular basis over the last few years, but they'll still pay the money to secure the quality players when they're  worth it. I doubt Suarez is on 50k a week.

This - well said, Tron, on the button but you are wasting your time debating it with him.....

You can't compete with the likes of Liverpool, man. Hoying around 90 grand a week wages on likes of Joe Cole amongst many others. We literally can't do that and unless we get an owner with money to burn where it's not an issue, i don't want us doing that. Ashley's policy on transfer/wages is generally excellent even though it could do with some tweaking, it's still a very good way to run the club. It's probably the only thing i'm happy with Ashley is the way he handles this whilst many other clubs like QPR just fling around silly money and could explode at anytime, at least we are on a sound footing in this respect and Ashley does deserve credit for that.

You can't compete with the likes of Liverpool, man. Hoying around 90 grand a week wages on likes of Joe Cole amongst many others. We literally can't do that and unless we get an owner with money to burn where it's not an issue, i don't want us doing that. Ashley's policy on transfer/wages is generally excellent even though it could do with some tweaking, it's still a very good way to run the club. It's probably the only thing i'm happy with Ashley is the way he handles this whilst many other clubs like QPR just fling around silly money and could explode at anytime, at least we are on a sound footing in this respect and Ashley does deserve credit for that.

Ashley's net worth is almost triple that of the owner of Liverpool. So the issue isn't we can't, its that wont. Ashley deserves a modicum of credit for finding good players at good prices, but its almost always to the detriment of the team. and we will go nowhere with this policy as players like Remy etc will always move for the money they will command.  i won't give Ashley credit for anything personally, the policy is not to benefit us, but to ensure he can recoup his money.

I don't care if Ashley won't follow suit, he shouldn't follow suit. It's not right to run a football club throwing around silly wages just because others do. We've done well to get rid of players on the stupid wages and have got ourselves in a decent position financially. Why ruin that and go back to the 80 grand wages and ridiculous transfer fees that got us in a financial crisis in the first place.

We offered Remy a good wage in January, it wasn't cheap, it wasn't embarrassing, it was a good offer. If QPR want to go overboard and offer him an extra 30/40 grand a week, i've got no complaints with us pulling out rather than go looking to outbid them. It will be them who suffer for it in the long term, not us.

Ashley's net worth is almost triple that of the owner of Liverpool. So the issue isn't we can't, its that wont. Ashley deserves a modicum of credit for finding good players at good prices, but its almost always to the detriment of the team. and we will go nowhere with this policy as players like Remy etc will always move for the money they will command.  i won't give Ashley credit for anything personally, the policy is not to benefit us, but to ensure he can recoup his money.

I don't care if Ashley won't follow suit, he shouldn't follow suit. It's not right to run a football club throwing around silly wages just because others do. We've done well to get rid of players on the stupid wages and have got ourselves in a decent position financially. Why ruin that and go back to the 80 grand wages and ridiculous transfer fees that got us in a financial crisis in the first place.

f***ing hell.  Because 80k a week is the going rate for any kind of success? We don't have to put ourselves in 'financial crisis". Look at Arsenal. Financially well managed but they pay the going rate when needed. If you want to remain a mid table PL club forever, I've no idea why you watch football.

Arsenal are the same, just on a higher scale. They won't compete with other clubs on transfer fees and wages, they work within their own budget. When the right deal is available, they will take it. If an Arsenal player wants to leave for more money elsewhere, rarely do Arsenal match another clubs offer to keep their player, they will sell up and look elsewhere for a replacement which could arrive 12/18 months down the line.

Guest firetotheworks

Money means nothing to us, success does. You need to spend to be successful. I couldn't care less if we're on a good financial footing. Spending money doesn't equate to financial ruin, especially with a club our size. We can compete, have the money and revenue to compete and should be competing.

Money means nothing to us, success does. You need to spend to be successful. I couldn't care less if we're on a good financial footing. Spending money doesn't equate to financial ruin, especially with a club our size. We can compete, have the money and revenue to compete and should be competing.

That's what you here from Arsenal fans that moan when they are finishing 4th, yet we build Arsenal up to be this extremely well run club?

Remy's worth 80k/wk and we won't compromise or ruin our financial situation if we offer him that.

I'll be well pissed if we don't sign him if we don't sign him because we are stingy. He's one player who lifts the team a level above.

That's what you here from Arsenal fans that moan when they are finishing 4th, yet we build Arsenal up to be this extremely well run club?

And what have they just done? Spent 40m on a player and are top of the league.

Also their wage structure and the management pay will be miles above ours.

Of course it will be, their one of the biggest and best clubs in the league. I'm just saying you’re making Arsenal the pinnacle of way of dealing with transfers/wages but they haven't had a trophy in 8 years and resigned to the fact top 4 was a good achievement.

Sell their best players over and over for good profit, bring in replacements not at the same standard for cheaper. Yes, finally they have bought Ozil who is worthy signing but it's taken them years to come up with a signing like him which the likes of their competitors pull off most transfer windows whilst they have just looked on counting their money.