Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't see it being successful.

No chance IMO.

Makes you wonder why they have lodged it two days after game, must have seen something

It does seem as though JFK has decided that a late appeal like this means he gets to play on Saturday, that's the way it worked when he was manager of the year don't you know.

"Like having a new signing"

Regardless of whether you think it will be successful or not, the club is right to appeal. It was a preposterous red card. Not appealing because they know the system is ridiculous is tacitly giving that system credence.

Regardless of whether you think it will be successful or not, the club is right to appeal. It was a preposterous red card. Not appealing because they know the system is ridiculous is tacitly giving that system credence.

:clap:

Like many have said surprised to hear we've appealed it after AP's comments although thinking about them he did lay the blame with the other player and crowd reaction that followed... Norwich appealing must've changed our minds on in at least to the point that it was a no loose situation as it can't be deemed frivolous then...

Guest bimpy474

It was a preposterous red card.

I really don't think it was. Aye he over-reacted but players know you can't do it, so why do it?  100% stupidity.

Can't do what?

Stare at other players.

Unfortunately the FA will say Remy was being aggressive toward another player, same for Johnson. It's nonsense but i bet they hide behind it.

It was a preposterous red card.

I really don't think it was. Aye he over-reacted but players know you can't do it, so why do it?  100% stupidity.

Can't do what?

Basically push your forehead to someone else'.  If it's seen it's always going to be a red, like I've said before people were happy enough to see reina go when he done it to perch.

Just don't think it was 'prepostrous'.

Unfortunately the FA will say Remy was being aggressive toward another player, same for Johnson. It's nonsense but i bet they hide behind it.

I'm not sure of the exact terms in the current laws but 'adopting an aggressive stance' is a booking and not a red card. The reason he sent off Remy is because he thought he struck the opponent with his head, and I don't think he did that at all. I've no idea why Johnson was given the straight red but if they conclude he has simulated the head-butt, then that's two bookable offences in the incident.

I only saw the game online so the picture quality wasn't great but did Remy actually make a forward motion with his head, or was it all just part of squaring up?

I'm not sure of the exact terms in the current laws but 'adopting an aggressive stance' is a booking and not a red card. The reason he sent off Remy is because he thought he struck the opponent with his head, and I don't think he did that at all. I've no idea why Johnson was given the straight red but if they conclude he has simulated the head-butt, then that's two bookable offences in the incident.

I only saw the game online so the picture quality wasn't great but did Remy actually make a forward motion with his head, or was it all just part of squaring up?

I think Remy reacted in the 1st place to a kick across his mid riff.

It was a soft red for both of them but still think it was right.

Even if the FA can't identify any evidence of Remy moving his head foward after they'd square up, they'll stand behind their ref (at least publicly) and say the red was for the two-handed push, or professional misconduct or some bollocks. Shocked if it gets turned over.