Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle United - 29/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

I presume that everyone is giving player ratings based on the result and not how they actually played? It certainly looks that way. 7s for Marveaux man. Howeh, he was brilliant.

:thup:

Those last 10 minutes are a f***ing massive shame, man.

Aye. We'd only conceded 4 poor goals before that.

Truth is we've actually played our best football of the whole season in these last two games. Take the positives and build in January. Some cracking over-reactions on here.

We conceded 7 FFS :lol: :lol:

Usual knee-jerk reactions I see...

We were fine until about the 70th minute.

At which point we collapsed into an utter fucking shambles and played the most disgusting, humiliating, pathetic football that I have ever had the misfortune to experience.

Someone wants sacking for that display.  I don't know who and I don't particularly care who, but there needs to be some extraordinary response from the club to that collapse.

After that first half performance to lose 7-3 just doesn't add up- but that's what you get against teams like Arsenal when you play with only two actual defenders. We just don't seem to have the collective concentration and ability to defend properly, especially after we score.

Overall, excellent performance only undone by a lack of investment reiterating the incompetence by certain defenders.

Guest neesy111

Truth is we've actually played our best football of the whole season in these last two games. Take the positives and build in January. Some cracking over-reactions on here.

Well lets just see some of the bare face facts about us:

We've just shipped 7 goals for the first time in the PL.

11 goals in the last 2 games.

6 defeats in a row away from home.

6 points gained from last 33.

2nd worst defence in the league.

Krul 7 - not at fault.

Simpson 5 - usual problems. Lacks initiative and radiates a lack of confidence.

Colo 6 - Lack of pace shown up at times.

Perch 6 - Did okay.

Santon 4 - Mentally AWOL. Shame because there's a decent player there.

Cisse 3 - Played out of position and it really, really showed.

Marveaux 8 - Calm and creative. Our best player by a mile.

Tiote 5 - Slows play down. Lost it too many times.

Bigi 6 - Improved as the game went on. Still raw.

Obertan 6 - Looks far more positive these days.

Ba 7 - Used his strength well at times.

Guest firetotheworks

Usual knee-jerk reactions I see...

We were fine until about the 70th minute.

The game lasts 90+ minutes.

2 days ago we played Man United away for 98 mins, we then went to Arsenal away, who hadn't played. You could see the fatigue at 70 mins. It's the way it is, but it's fucking unfair.

Krul 4

Simpson 1

Colo 5

Perch 3

Santon 1

Tiote 2

Bigi 6

Obertan 6

Cisse 4

Marveaux 7

Ba 8

Passed it well, attacked nicely, especially given the personnel on the pitch.  But fucking Messi/Ronaldo/Maradona/Pele/Zidane couldn't score enough goals to cover our back 4. 

Guest neesy111

And they didn't get out of 2nd gear.

Guest palnese

wat

Aye and it was shite but for 85 minutes we were the better team overall. It's easier to work with 85 minutes of decent football and 10 minutes of capitulation than 90 minutes of nothingness in a routine 3-0 loss.

You have to laugh at people coming in here on their high horse talking about over reactions and knee jerks. We conceded 7 goals today, we have won twice in 14 games in all competions, 11 in the league. This is far from an over reaction.

Fell apart after Bigi taken off. Need a CB and R. Santon was pretty rubbish today and Tiote although played well overall he loses possession in dangerous areas. Cisse was tidy in possession but wasted on wing. Individual errors cost us today like Simpsons throw in which lead to an Arsenal goal.

This, Bigi getting taken off cost us from having a chance of being in the game at then end. Santon and Simpson were terrible, Tiote also. Attacking wise we weren't bad, I don't know why everyone is slating Cisse, he got in more positions than the stickman out of the Kama Sutra but the ball was being played to Ba and others instead.

:lol: An effortless 7.

Bullshit that like, Arsenal were fresh and at their very best. They pressed us constantly in the second half and our tired legs couldn't handle it. We actually did fairly well on the ball considering the disparity in fatigue.

I started watching from 2-1 down.

I thought Marveaux looked superb, his pass for the third goal with the outside of his foot was a brilliant assist. Obertan was attacking the fullback and causing problems, but for a couple of goals he just let the Arsenal attackers run at him. Bigi was good, he broke up their attackers and played it simple. I think part of the problem was the substitutions which deflated the team who were tiring and we couldn't deal with the pace. Gibbs, Walcott, Wilshere and Giroud were able to sprint past a few of our players with ease for the final goals.

I hope we are able to get a few defenders in the January window as our options from the bench are very limited.