Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle United - 29/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

Been a fairly lifeless and dull game, but we've been the better side and have passed it around really well which is encouraging.

We've lacked that bit of imagination and nous needed to take advantage of our passing unfortunately, which is down to Obertan and Cisse playing poorly. add some cutting edge to our possession and we can, and probably should, win this.

Guest bimpy474

Funny how many opinions change just because we score. :lol:

It's been a very average match IMO, but one which we've been very much a part of. Arsenal don't look like they're even trying that much, so I worry how our goal will fire them up. Scoreline is pretty fair.

But thats what you want us to do, keep the ball and make it an average match, stop them playing. Excellent away perfromance with one poor thing aside.

Marveaux has been a class apart. A strange feeling of confidence comes over me when he has the ball.

Arsenal seemed to think that they only had to turn up to get the three points.

Marveuax is our only player on the pitch that knows exactly what he wants to do with the ball. He doesn't need to look up or hesitate. His touches/passes are instant and premeditated. The rest of our players seem to just 'give it a go' and see how it works. In that sense he's the ideal replacement for Cabaye in terms of our link up play.

Marveaux has been a class apart. A strange feeling of confidence comes over me when he has the ball.

Arsenal seemed to think that they only had to turn up to get the three points.

best player on the pitch by a mile

Bigi has impressed me today.

Look I'm not trying to knock the fact we're keeping possession and passing it on the deck but Arsenal, after the goal, completely let their foot off the gas and are really just waiting to hit on the counter.  This also isn't saying that we're only seeing the ball because they're letting us see it - we are playing better than we have in recent memory - it's just partially a cause for it.  They're going to come out in a very high gear 2nd half and I hope we're ready for it.

That was a great half :) HTL

Marveaux reminds me of Ben Arfa when he gets going. Shame we spent ages persisting with Sammy and Shane over this guy.

Absolutely ridiculous that we haven't played like we have the past 2 games all season, what was Pardew thinking man?

Arsenal have been poor, but if we continue like this for most of the season we'll do alright, cannot wait to get Haten and Cabaye back.

If we'd had the team lineup the way we have recently, with actual attacking players in a 4-3-3, we would be so much better off.

Recent injuries have actually forced the likes of Marveaux and Anita into central midfield, and they've proven to be worth far more opportunities than they were getting at the start of the season.

Pretty exciting stuff. Just hope we really start getting points off of these performances.

Funny how many opinions change just because we score. :lol:

It's been a very average match IMO, but one which we've been very much a part of. Arsenal don't look like they're even trying that much, so I worry how our goal will fire them up. Scoreline is pretty fair.

Agree. Particularly the first bit.

We did start to carry some goal threat in the last five minutes though (Tiote's shot, the goal, Marv's shot).