Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/01/13 - post-match reaction from pg 37

Dave

Scary how shit Gutierrez is and has been this season. Can´t believe he played the full 90min today. He ruined so many attacks today, while he was out of position or gave the ball away. He was supposed to be out wide, but was always somewhere else. That meant we had less alternative going forward.

Everyone admits Norwich have been playing pretty well, so it wasn't realistic to expect to go there and pick up a straightforward win. Another point, they're all going to be vital. Overall a shocking game and with little from us going forward. Gorgeous to see Cabaye back though.

Not mad at the point, but we never even looked likely to score, or test the keeper. That's worrying. We had most of our first team out there and we couldn't put three passes together.

Everyone admits Norwich have been playing pretty well, so it wasn't realistic to expect to go there and pick up a straightforward win. Another point, they're all going to be vital. Overall a shocking game and with little from us going forward. Gorgeous to see Cabaye back though.

Do they? They've lost 4 in a row and they're only 5 points above us, and we've been shocking.

Guest Roger Kint

Once again absolutely no fucking semblance of tactics being utilized.

Thats obviously wrong unless you think the players(most of whom are internationals for pretty good teams) are mentally incapable of playing football without it being explained to them. Clearly his tactic was dont lose and try and keep it tight, too many in midfield were pretty poor.

main priority today was not to lose backed up by trying to keep a clean sheet.

we accomplished both of those things and as far as i'm concerned it was job done today but Reading next week is a must win game, a point next week is no good we must win.

we accomplished both of those things and as far as i'm concerned it was job done today but Reading next week is a must win game, a point next week is no good we must win.

Spot on.

We have absolutely no idea how to attack, doesn't matter how many players we sign.. Our game plan is the problem, we can't even do simple things like pass to each other.. Make runs etc.

We have no idea how to utilise Cisse - he was totally isolated

Who's there to support him? We simply don't have the players we need.

it helps if we can keep the ball upfield and get players around him. Obertan and Marveaux are both capable coming inside and offering supporting runs. I feel Pardew was too scared to push anyone up despite having Jonas, Perch and Anita as protectors, which just makes Cisse useless and we end up looking like we're playing with ten men.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye agree with that.

We have absolutely no idea how to attack, doesn't matter how many players we sign.. Our game plan is the problem, we can't even do simple things like pass to each other.. Make runs etc.

We have no idea how to utilise Cisse - he was totally isolated and scrapping for s**** punts - and really, our whole season now depends on him getting back into scoring form. If we don't get him back on form then I can't see how we'll possibly avoid relegation.

I felt sorry for cisse, hes against two physical CBS and were launching long balls in his direction "compete for that" and if, big if he wins it who's he knocking it down to? No one was anywhere near him. We need a new manager simple as, he's been here two years and we have no idea as a team what were doing out there.. It's all individuals.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

First half below average, second half terrible!

Shocked by Pardews decisions through the match! Jonas played 90 min and did nothing and Cabaye and Marveaux played out of position in the second half which meant we didnt create a single attack after Obertan was subbed.

Debuche had a hard time in a team which could transform Messi into Jonas in his current form, so I dont blame him.

I didn't think we were that bad today, we had to avoid defeat and we did without too many problems.  I thought that we passed it about well at times and just missed something going forward and that something we missed (Ben Arfa) will be back soon.  I think the players will get a boost from the point and we can now move on.

We didn't do enough to involve Cisse and we need to work on that side of our game because we looked safe at the back and workman like in the middle without creating anything.

Krul - 7. Top notch handling with their crosses, and saved their best chance.

Debuchy - 6.5. Still clearly unadjusted to England but did fairly well. Not much on his supposed attacking intent, but the same goes for the team.

Williamson - 7. Solid performance. Depressing when he hoofs the ball but decent game defensively.

Coloccini - 7.5. Professional performance given the circumstances. No way past him, and his chance at our corner shows his excellent technique.

Santon - 8. MotM. We've been slagging him off for poor defending lately but he gobbled up everything thrown at him and was decent going forward.

Perch - 7. Good defensive display, summed up by his clearance to bail us out of Norwich's best first half chance.

Anita - 5.5. Worst game in a while. Set pieces were terrible (That corner :anguish:), poor touches and not much key forward passes.

Obertan - 5.5. Same as Anita that this performance goes against his current form, though he had a decent shot and did okay with Debuchy.

Marveaux - 6. Not at his creative best today, but he was the tidiest passer and had the neatest touch in our midfield today.

Jonas - 6. Went invisible at times but better today. His run in the first half at least gave me hope that he hasn't lost the attacking ability.

Cisse - 5.5. Nothing came his way today. Doesn't work with hoofball as he's not that strong and it fatally isolates him from the team.

Cabaye - 6. Looked unfit but had glimpses of quality that we missed from him.

Bigirimana - 6. Not much to say.

Pardew - 6. Decent team selection, the subs weren't that baffling, but the attack plan of hoofball is where he's not my fan today.

I didn't think we were that bad today, we had to avoid defeat and we did without too many problems.  I thought that we passed it about well at times and just missed something going forward and that something we missed (Ben Arfa) will be back soon.  I think the players will get a boost from the point and we can now move on.

We didn't do enough to involve Cisse and we need to work on that side of our game because we looked safe at the back and workman like in the middle without creating anything.

Spot on, we played for a clean sheet and not to lose. Something i ordinarily don't like to do and something i hated Allardyce for, but i think today after the past few results we needed to do.

Lets face it. We were pleasantly surprised at Pardew last season. He lived off Hughton's team and efforts the first 6 months. Last season he lived off Graham Carrs efforts mainly.

Now he's being found out. Can we survive with him in charge ? Hope so, but I fear the worst. Even if we do, I suspect more of the same next year with more players wanting to leave

We have no idea how to utilise Cisse - he was totally isolated

Who's there to support him? We simply don't have the players we need.

Maybe not the players we need but we've definately got some that could support Cisse.  It's not rocket science but seems to be beyond Pardew's grasp.

Fair assessment. It wasn't pretty but we need to grind our way into better form. This is what Harry is doing at QPR and getting a lot of credit for it.

We picked up another point, they'll all be vital.

Would've been happy with a point beforehand but we'll not play a worse opposition all season and we still couldn't muster a half-chance. Good to stop the rot and keep a clean sheet too. Today would've been fine had Reading not won, the table still looks uneasy.

Krul, Santon and Colo played well.