Skirge

Guest Wally_McFool

Krul

Debuchy.    Willo.        Colo.    Santon

Anita

Cabaye.    Marveaux

Remy.          Cisse.          Obertan

Pace down the flanks and creativity through the middle

with next to zero talent defensively in the midfield apart from Cabaye.

Love him or hate him, if he is fit Jonas will be in the team to add to the defensive capabilities of our midfield.

Krul

Debuchy Coloccini Williamson Santon

Anita          Cabaye            Jonas

Marveaux

Remy              Cisse

I'm starting to get a little confident about this game. I'm not going to say we will thrash them but I can see it being like the Wigan, our quality just see's us over the line with narrow win.                 

A narrow 3-0 win?

I'm starting to get a little confident about this game. I'm not going to say we will thrash them but I can see it being like the Wigan, our quality just see's us over the line with narrow win.                 

...when the opposition have 10 men... :lol:

Sorry, wrong game, I meant QPR.

Both Perch and Anita against Reading? And people complain about Pardew's defensive setups.

Both Anita and Perch have the legs to play b2b and Anita in particular has the passing range and attacking presence to play further up the pitch. That duo in midfield is not necessarily as defensive as you seem to think.

I'm the opposite.. Proper bricking it the closer it gets to Saturday..

Perch and Anita box-to-box? No.

I'm not suggesting that both do it at the same time, but having them both on the pitch in midfield doesn't mean they will be simultaneously be playing as defensive midfielders.

Both Perch and Anita against Reading? And people complain about Pardew's defensive setups.

I can see why people would want Perch in there when the only alternative is Obertan. Honestly I would be tempted to play Ferguson on one of the wings but I don't think Pardew would play him unless he has no other options at all.

Quite rightly. The lad has been disappointing every time I've seen him make it onto the pitch this season imho, both for us and the national side.

Box to box is a thing of the past.

Perhaps people mean players who can play both attacking and defensive.

YaYa Toure is the closest thing to a box to box but never players as such. He's either played as one or the other.

Personally, I believe in players being picked for specific jobs.

Box to box is a thing of the past.

Perhaps people mean players who can play both attacking and defensive.

YaYa Toure is the closest thing to a box to box but never players as such. He's either played as one or the other.

Personally, I believe in players being picked for specific jobs.

Not having that at all. I frequently see him sitting deep, winning it, driving the team forward and getting on the end of the return ball.

No need to start the likes of Perch here. Reading are hardly physical in the middle and we can overrun them with our energy and win the midfield battle, with 3 comfortable ball players.

Krul

Debuchy  Willo  Colo  Santon

Anita

Cabaye

Marveaux

Remy            Cisse        Obertan

We've got Anita to cover our full backs with his pace and positioning, he's also got excellent quick distribution. Cabaye can perform the more box-to-box role, with Marveaux pulling the strings in the final third. I'd prefer to have Remy starting left (if he signs of course) but Obertan is useless on the right, so it's the lesser of 2 evils in that sense. We can win this with a positive attitude, they're a plucky team with lots of energy but we've got a lot more quality in key areas. I just hope we bring our A game.

Absolutely no idea how this will pan out, but have a feeling I will be slightly underwhelmed once more.

Is anyone giving it real thought around giving up their season ticket next year?

I have been as the missus is 12 weeks pregnant and thinking whether to bother with this shit anymore or spend my Saturdays and the money on other things. Would miss the drinking like, the match is merely a distraction these days and is only useful to break up the drink and stop me being hammered by 4

This game is so big it's ridiculous. 

And it really shouldn't be, we should be battering teams like this but you just know it's going to be an awful nervous game that could end up going either way. I just want to for once see us rock up and destroy a team

This game is so big it's ridiculous. 

I just want to for once see us rock up and destroy a team

:pardsgrin:

Is the reason we never will, him with his defensive ways and getting all them clean sheets, the tactical genius that he is

Is anyone giving it real thought around giving up their season ticket next year?

No.  On the back of a good season, fair enough this season is one to forget but surely this is when the club is most in need of support.  Can understand it after a few seasons of utter dross but not after half a bad season, plus the fact we're clearly trying to rectify the situation. (also understand the personal stuff, kids etc obviously)

Having said that, it's f***ing hard going at the minute, nothing's working out. :(

No.  On the back of a good season, fair enough this season is one to forget but surely this is when the club is most in need of support.  Can understand it after a few seasons of utter dross but not after half a bad season, plus the fact we're clearly trying to rectify the situation.

Having said that, it's f***ing hard going at the minute, nothing's working out. :(

Just really struggling to keep the faith at moment, having had my ticket for over 20 years it's the first real time I have contemplated giving it up. Just don't enjoy getting up and going to the match anymore, I watch every single game either at home matches or pub for away matches and just wonder what the fuck I am thinking going to watch it. The Brighton game was the lowest I have felt watching us for some time and watching the game on sat was soul destroying. We just feel like a nothing club that are always going to go round in this circle, we never seem capable of have a sustained period of decent football and our managers always turn out to be clueless, predictable arseholes