Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That sign  :'(

Still saddens me. It's the sheer amount of it. One or two maybe, but it's on every inch of the stadium now. :(

it's paying for this week of meyhem

We don't get any money for it. Along with the renaming, making a mess of the stadium is the one thing they've done in recent times that literally has no redeeming features.

we may not directly but it is MA funding this little spending spree is it not

Er, no.

That sign  :'(

Still saddens me. It's the sheer amount of it. One or two maybe, but it's on every inch of the stadium now. :(

it's paying for this week of meyhem

We don't get any money for it. Along with the renaming, making a mess of the stadium is the one thing they've done in recent times that literally has no redeeming features.

we may not directly but it is MA funding this little spending spree is it not

Er, no.

mmmm  really have i missed something ?

Clearly. He hasn't funded the club himself for years.

no Dave I agree but you have to admit that for years was the club well funded...I am not a Mike Ashley fanboy but it is him who made the decision (although some will say six months too late) to purchase players who will a) bring something to the club and b) will not break the club and as we all know have possible resale value

Clearly. He hasn't funded the club himself for years.

no Dave I agree but you have to admit that for years was the club well funded...I am not a Mike Ashley fanboy but it is him who made the decision (although some will say six months too late) to purchase players who will a) bring something to the club and b) will not break the club and as we all know have possible resale value

Not sure what you're on about tbh. The club spends its own income, of which precisely none is sponsorship payments from the amount of Sports Direct signage all over the place. Ashley may ultimately hold the purse strings but we're not spending his money and haven't done for ages.

I really wouldn't go that far..... Gascoigne? that's some very heavy praise, he's a very good player with potential to be great but i think the hype should be toned down a bit.

Having said that he will probably look like Gascoigne with the dross we have had in recent years masquerading as box to box midfielders.

Guest bimpy474

After seeing him in limited games on the TV and watching that vid, no way is he a DM. Putting him there would a massive waste.

CallumRob4Callum Robinson2h

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa what a man , ask if he was starting next game , he just noded his head haha

Fair chance he didn't know what the question was like :lol:

Fair chance this is in the wrong thread as well.

We really have signed two v. good players in Mapou and Sissoko. The both read the game well and like to bomb forward when the chance presents itself. Can't help but have concerns about how that's going to fit with Pardews prominent philosophy of safety first, maintaining shape and nullifying the opposition. Might be fine if Pards realises you can have a different gameplan when in possession and out.

We really have signed two v. good players in Mapou and Sissoko. The both read the game well and like to bomb forward when the chance presents itself. Can't help but have concerns about how that's going to fit with Pardews prominent philosophy of safety first, maintaining shape and nullifying the opposition. Might be fine if Pards realises you can have a different gameplan when in possession and out.

TBF I think it was the personnel that dictated that way of play, something we'll find out in due course I suppose, maybe I'm giving him too much credit but I think he'll play to our strengths when we get these guys on the pitch.

Well he lets Colo bomb forward so as long as they don't do at the same time I don't see Pardew having a problem with it. He'd be mad if he didn't want Sissoko doing it though.

If you've got Sissoko bombing on and Cabaye spreading balls around and sliding through balls for runners its going to be very difficult for midfields/defences to pick people up. That'll also only mean more space for HBA to operate in when he comes back too.

Guest bimpy474

Well he lets Colo bomb forward so as long as they don't do at the same time I don't see Pardew having a problem with it. He'd be mad if he didn't want Sissoko doing it though.

If you've got Sissoko bombing on and Cabaye spreading balls around and sliding through balls for runners its going to be very difficult for midfields/defences to pick people up. That'll also only mean more space for HBA to operate in when he comes back too.

Stop with all those attacking options  :cheesy: