Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's literally the ideal type of midfielder to slot into our midfield, a warrior type to go in with Cabaye. Looks like he'll leave most of the team behind with his pace though :lol:

I can see him starting some blistering counter attacks.

he's the ideal type to slot into most midfields. thats why many are still in shock he's here.

Hopefully signing Sissoko may also give Tiote a kick up the arse.

if played together if could let tiote get back to what he's good at and really let the full backs push on.

have to say this signing has really got me puzzling over how to fit everyone in.

Moussa Sissoko: I aim to be Newcastle's Vieira

Jan 27 2013 by Neil Cameron, Sunday Sun

Moussa Sissoko

MOUSSA SISSOKO believes he can be Newcastle’s United very own Patrick Vieira – and he wants to achieve even more than his countryman did in English football.

Of the five French signings made by Alan Pardew during this January transfer window, it is the capture of the 23-year-old midfielder that has excited the supporters more than any other.

And the France international fully intends to live up to his star billing.

Sissoko, who has agreed a six-and-a-half-year deal with the Magpies, was asked yesterday whether the comparisons made between him and Vieira, one of the best ever Premier League imports, were fair.

United’ new No7 said: “Yes. I am not going to say no. Patrick had a fantastic career here in England and if I can replicate that then it would be absolutely fantastic for me.

“And why not even try to go one better if I could?

“Obviously, it is a pleasure to be compared to someone of his ilk. But Vieira is Vieira. I am Sissoko. We are two different players. I will go out to play my own game.

“I have set myself high objectives and I will give my best to get Newcastle out of this situation, finish as high as possible, and do as well as I possibly can for the club.”

Sissoko admitted that the past few days had been difficult as Toulouse threatened to block his move after he agreed a deal to sign for the Toon in the summer.

However, Pardew was determined to land one of Ligue 1’s biggest talents now and he was snapped up for a nominal fee.

Sissoko, who in his own words is a box-to-box midfielder, came through the youth ranks at his French club and went on to make 218 appearances, scoring 23 goals. He has won six senior international caps so far.

It is this pedigree that makes Newcastle fans believe they may have a star on their hands. Sissoko said: “It is very flattering to hear that the supporters are excited about my signing. It’s nice to know they wanted me here so much.

“It’s now up to me to go out on the pitch and prove myself, to show them the kind of player I am.

“I want to enjoy my time playing for Newcastle, but it is also important the fans enjoy watching me play for their team. They have always come, they have always supported the team, and we really need them at the moment.

“So I will go out and give 100 per cent effort and show what I can do.”

Sissoko will be in the squad for Tuesday night’s vital match against Aston Villa and he is ready to start the game if given the nod by Pardew.

He said: “Yes I am ready. I am here to play. I played last weekend for Toulouse and if called upon then I will be 100 per cent ready to play.”

So now I remember what it's like to look forward to us playing again! Can't wait until Tuesday, let's just hope the players have been trolling the board in an effort to get new players in and we just switch it on from the off :lol:

So now I remember what it's like to look forward to us playing again! Can't wait until Tuesday, let's just hope the players have been trolling the board in an effort to get new players in and we just switch it on from the off :lol:

Imagine that :lol:

Williamson realised he is not quite up to the level for the Premiership so has purposefully and unselfishly played crap to persuade Mike to replace him

Looking at his style of play, I think he will adapt quickly, we'd be foolish not to start him at Villa. As was mentioned, I can't see him doing a worse job than say Perch or Jonas. I think we'll see him start with MYM and Goofy.

Absolutely ridiculous goal in one of his videos where he dribbles Ben Arfa style from his own half all the way to through the middle skinning opposition players before slotting the ball home. Almost hesitant to believe it was him can't find any other videos of the goal. Pure class though.

He will rip the premier league apart, that much I am certain. Haven't been this excited about a signing since Tiote. I don't know that we have ever had a player like this play for us. His attributes are unique to those that have played in the middle for us before. Proper box to box player with a ton of pace and power.