Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As has been said many-a times, it's his attitude more than his talent or even workrate. He comes across at times as being not too bothered, and a few times just lets attackers stroll past him without him even putting an inch of pressure on them.

I'd happily take a Nobby-esque right winger, I miss those days :(

Controversial, perhaps, but I wouldn't start him next week. I think we need to try something different for these sorts of games and would go for something more technical that somehow revolves around de Jong, Perez, Wijnaldum & Thauvin.

If it was up to me, I'd drop Cisse, Sissoko and Colback, moving Wijnaldum in to the middle with Ayoze and Thauvin on the wings and Mitrovic up front for Villa. Never going to happen though.

Glad it's not up to you.

I can't believe anybody would seriously want to replace Sissoko with Thauvin after the last two games. I get that Thauvin might be one of those players who does well against shit teams who have had the confidence drained from them, but one simply does not drop Sissoko after those two performances.

On those occasions when his aimless toe poke goes past the defender or through his legs he looks a player due to his power and pace.  However on his off days when said aimless toe poke hits the defenders then he looks shit

Yesterday was a good day for toe pokes

He's always capable of being a CM with the right CM partner / holder next to him. But it requires him to actually put in a shift on both ends of the pitch - which he's capable of but unwilling to show it

Guest firetotheworks

I think he's our most pro-active player along with Janmaat. Naturally, being that player makes you worthy of more criticism than most. Much better to be someone like Jack Colback who 'does nothing wrong' by never trying to do anything productive.

Guest firetotheworks

They're not exempt from criticism at all, the point is that they get more criticism because they try riskier things. Not on here, at SJP.

They're not exempt from criticism at all, the point is that they get more criticism because they try riskier things. Not on here, at SJP.

I think a lot of the criticism some players get is down to their personality, certainly that seems to be the case with Sissoko. I can remember it used to be like that with Dyer as well. The one fault I do see with Sissoko is that he doesn't seem to enjoy defending, but him and Wijnaldum are doing twice as much running as the other midfielders so I think they should get some credit for that.

I understand the issue with Sissoko's personality like, he seems like an arsehole, but he does get singled out more than any other for poor performances despite being one of our best players this season on the whole.

I wanted him off for Thauvin yesterday like, but he still starts every game at the minute.

He's always capable of being a CM with the right CM partner / holder next to him. But it requires him to actually put in a shift on both ends of the pitch - which he's capable of but unwilling to show it

is my biggest beef with Sissoko.

Yup, he switches off, lazy and weak tackles etc. But on the flip side when he's in his beast mode matches, he's out there muscling and standing people up and getting his body in front of his opponent and then he's nearly impossible to beat. This guy has one of the best shoulder barges I've seen in some time (was it Ridgewell?)

Yup, he switches off, lazy and weak tackles etc. But on the flip side when he's in his beast mode matches, he's out there muscling and standing people up and getting his body in front of his opponent and then he's nearly impossible to beat. This guy has one of the best shoulder barges I've seen in some time (was it Ridgewell?)

Think it might have been against Liverpool where he tracked his man to the RB area and made what was probably his first sliding tackle of the season. He won the ball and knocked it out for a throw. He then turned back to his defence with a look on his face as if to say "was that alright lads?" :lol:

Beast Mode Sissoko is a joy to behold. Fanny Mode Sissoko is just a waste of time.

Think it might have been against Liverpool where he tracked his man to the RB area and made what was probably his first sliding tackle of the season. He won the ball and knocked it out for a throw. He then turned back to his defence with a look on his face as if to say "was that alright lads?" :lol

Beast Mode Sissoko is a joy to behold. Fanny Mode Sissoko is just a waste of time.

Fanny mode :lol: - that would be that time he went for a slide tackle and the winger just continued on with his run and crossed it. Was the weakest thing I've ever seen.

Beast mode - Sissoko dropping Ivanovic with a shoulder, throwing Moreno around like a doll last week...

What a frustrating fucker, when he's in pure beast - you're right, it's fucking glorious.