Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They're both the same Sissoko though really, it's going to be very difficult for him to learn to concentrate and be the best version for a full game.

It only takes a moment to change your mind profoundly forever about some things in life. It could take a few words from SMC, Steve Black, maybe Deschamps, maybe a teammate, and he would become a much better player for it. I'm hoping he's still here when it does eventually click because we'd have a much improved Sissoko on our books (for a short while at least).

Wijnaldum is so much worse than Sissoko when it comes to defending, yet doesn't get anywhere near the same criticism.

I think that's because Sissoko is such a big powerful footballer he'd be really good at defending if he did it with full commitment.

People talk of his personality but have never even heard him talk. We often hear quotes about playing for CL teams but that's it. It's hardly a reason to talk about his personality, all we have his translated quotes. Doesn't seem to cause any problems off the pitch. He doesn't seem the most committed to the club but he was brought here to use it as a stepping stone and puts in a shift.

He's an attacking player. Because of his size, strength (and maybe ethnicity) people think he can be a proper CM and get stuck in. But he's never showed any aptitude for that side of the game. He's awful in the air, can close down okay but he always been a fanny in the tackle. Sure the defensive side of the game looks a chore to him but... he's an attacking player, that's often the case he still puts in a half decent shift most games . He's never lazy in attack and is always trying to run at the opposition, beat a player and create.... like an attacking player should.

He's no more lazy in defence than Wij or HBA and works as hard if not harder in attack. The lazy stuff isn't true.

Wijnaldum is so much worse than Sissoko when it comes to defending, yet doesn't get anywhere near the same criticism.

I think that's because Sissoko is such a big powerful footballer he'd be really good at defending if he did it with full commitment.

It's not his game.  Being big and strong doesn't make you defensively and positionally aware or capable. He's shown no aptitude for tackling or smelling danger. He's good at sniffing interceptions if the counter is on but real defensive interceptions? Not at all. Strong, big and quick is great if you can tackle, anticipate danger, defensively aware but useless when you don't. Bale is stronger, bigger and quicker than Mascherano or Makelele, doesn't mean he should make a world class CM.

Wijnaldum is bigger and more powerful than both of our CM's. That whole argument is weak. It's blind favouritism.

You can apply that to a lot of the players tbh, way too many of them are far too inconsistent.

Aye but when Sissoko plays well the rest of the team tends to play well as when he sprints into space it allows players like Wijnaldum to get into the box, gives Perez extra space as they go to close down Sissoko. How many of Wijnaldum's goals have heavily involved Sissoko? Almost all of them I would've thought

Sissoko played a box-to-box role in France and worked both sides of the pitch, he's become incredibly lazy in that department when he moved here and I assume much of it had to do with Pardew playing him as a #10 / Second Striker. In France he played next to / in front of Capoue who's big, strong, and quick - was able to do much of the dirty work and distribute the ball.

Anyway, Sissoko is incredibly vital to our team, I've no doubt about it. I love him when he's in full sprint, pure-on beast mode - nearly unplayable when he's like that. My issue with him is his mental switch-offs on the defensive side ie: the aformentioned Rose chance. Wijnadlum and Perez have done a far better job tracking their men than Moussa has all season.

He's always capable of being a CM with the right CM partner / holder next to him. But it requires him to actually put in a shift on both ends of the pitch - which he's capable of but unwilling to show it

is my biggest beef with Sissoko.

Yup, he switches off, lazy and weak tackles etc. But on the flip side when he's in his beast mode matches, he's out there muscling and standing people up and getting his body in front of his opponent and then he's nearly impossible to beat. This guy has one of the best shoulder barges I've seen in some time (was it Ridgewell?)

Think it might have been against Liverpool where he tracked his man to the RB area and made what was probably his first sliding tackle of the season. He won the ball and knocked it out for a throw. He then turned back to his defence with a look on his face as if to say "was that alright lads?" :lol

Beast Mode Sissoko is a joy to behold. Fanny Mode Sissoko is just a waste of time.

Fanny mode :lol: - that would be that time he went for a slide tackle and the winger just continued on with his run and crossed it. Was the weakest thing I've ever seen.

Beast mode - Sissoko dropping Ivanovic with a shoulder, throwing Moreno around like a doll last week...

What a frustrating f***er, when he's in pure beast - you're right, it's f***ing glorious.

Is he a man or a Moussa

Even that Ross Gregory from the gazette has fell into the "better to do nothing wrong by being safe rather than actually try to make stuff happen" trap by suggesting Gouffran would be better on the right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even that Ross Gregory from the gazette has fell into the "better to do nothing wrong by being safe rather than actually try to make stuff happen" trap by suggesting Gouffran would be better on the right [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Worst thing I've ever heard

He's literally the only one we have from the start. No surprise Villa doubled up on him all the time today.

It's a bit like when had Jonas and Jose on the left and sweet fuck all on the right only then the rest of the team wasn't so shit and we played in a way we could get away with it.

He's literally the only one we have from the start. No surprise Villa doubled up on him all the time today.

It's a bit like when had Jonas and Jose on the left and sweet fuck all on the right only then the rest of the team wasn't so shit and we played in a way we could get away with it.

It pissed me off that we didn't switch sides much to take advantage of the space on the left side of the field, but when you have two central midfielders who don't do much other than tackle or pass backwards it's no real surprise.

Guest firetotheworks

Bottling soft shite cunt.

How many 50:50 challenges did this big strong man bottle out of tonight?

Disgrace.

Defends Dummett, slates Sissoko. [emoji38]