Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The reactions from some on here you'd think he's worse than Obertan :lol:

He is still currently our best player imo. Townsend might be better, but too early to say if his last 5-6 games were just good form, or if he can actually perform like that over a longer stretch of time.

Sissoko might not be a likeable character, but aside from Ben Arfa and at the end of last season Townsend, he has been our best outlet the last years to make something happen on the pitch. Let's not forget that he also had a great end to the season, not only Townsend. His touch while not good is severly underrated on here (at least on the last ~10 pages or so :lol:)

Rafa made him captain. That tells me he rates him. Unless we can get what Rafa values him at, we should keep him until someone better presents themselves.

He played 90 minutes in almost every game this season and scored one goal :lol: That's below par for a defender, never mind an attacking midfielder. He is one of the biggest reasons (player wise) why we got relegated, calling him our best or second best player is laughable.

Most assists this season, but that was too convenient to add to the arguement I guess. Feel free to name some names of better players in the squad though.

People hate him due to his persona, I get it. I don't like him either. To say he is a shit footballer though is just ridiculous and impressively contradictory as I assume many of his criticts are in the "trust in Rafa"-brigade - and Rafa made him captain of the team.

Janmaat, Lascelles, Mbemba, Dummett, Townsend, Wijnaldum, Tiote and Mitrovic were all comfortably better, a few of those I'm not a fan of at all.

I don't care one bit about his personality to be honest, he can say he wants to leave however much he wants, if he had performed on the pitch I would have been happy with him.

Forget I asked. Lascelles, Dummett and Tiote ffs :lol:

Keep telling yourselves that stats doesn't matter (besides goals), that he is spineless, arrogant, no end product, no technique as it clearly makes you feel less butthurt that he doesn't want to follow us down in the championship. :lol:

I actually take objection to anyone saying he is our best player, he has neither the footballing intelligence, ability, mindset or technique to be anywhere near.  He is a good athlete and nothing more.  Being a good athlete and being able to run around when you can be arsed is not an outstanding virtue for a professional footballer, he has ideas way above his actual level.

I blame his Mam, she's obviously filled his head with over-confidence

The reactions from some on here you'd think he's worse than Obertan :lol:

He is still currently our best player imo. Townsend might be better, but too early to say if his last 5-6 games were just good form, or if he can actually perform like that over a longer stretch of time.

Sissoko might not be a likeable character, but aside from Ben Arfa and at the end of last season Townsend, he has been our best outlet the last years to make something happen on the pitch. Let's not forget that he also had a great end to the season, not only Townsend. His touch while not good is severly underrated on here (at least on the last ~10 pages or so :lol:)

Rafa made him captain. That tells me he rates him. Unless we can get what Rafa values him at, we should keep him until someone better presents themselves.

He played 90 minutes in almost every game this season and scored one goal :lol: That's below par for a defender, never mind an attacking midfielder. He is one of the biggest reasons (player wise) why we got relegated, calling him our best or second best player is laughable.

Most assists this season, but that was too convenient to add to the arguement I guess. Feel free to name some names of better players in the squad though.

People hate him due to his persona, I get it. I don't like him either. To say he is a s*** footballer though is just ridiculous and impressively contradictory as I assume many of his criticts are in the "trust in Rafa"-brigade - and Rafa made him captain of the team.

Janmaat, Lascelles, Mbemba, Dummett, Townsend, Wijnaldum, Tiote and Mitrovic were all comfortably better, a few of those I'm not a fan of at all.

I don't care one bit about his personality to be honest, he can say he wants to leave however much he wants, if he had performed on the pitch I would have been happy with him.

Forget I asked. Lascelles, Dummett and Tiote ffs :lol:

Keep telling yourselves that stats doesn't matter (besides goals), that he is spineless, arrogant, no end product, no technique as it clearly makes you feel less butthurt that he doesn't want to follow us down in the championship. :lol:

His standard has still been woeful, thats just how bad we've been. He's been one of the less woeful ones. Wijnaldum was our top scorer, he was shite aswell. Sissoko puts in some good crosses &  set up a few goals, he had a few bursts of pace where he went through on goal and side footed it against the keepers legs everytime. Thats getting us no where, but its slightly better than Colback not even getting near the keeper to side foot it against him yeah. So?

You asked why he was made captain, clearly his mentality is a weak point & perhaps Rafa was trying to give him some motivation again. The guy doesnt care for the club atall, he wont fight for us & he is not efficient enough as a player to come across as if he's clearly above it all. We could shove Aarons there & have him do a better job for all we know. Janmaat was our best right back until Anita was put there, you could make a similar argument for him. And lascelles is better tbf.

If Blob Jelliot played half a season and beat Moussa to the "Player of the Year", then the stroppy cunt couldn't have played too well, could he?

We were so shite this year that being the best player wouldn't have taken much effort at all, and yet no one could manage it. He might have produced some of the best performances in some individual matches, but those days were few and far between. Half a dozen players could claim to have had as good, or better seasons.

Sissoko is shite, a cunt, and it would be awesome if both of his legs fell off at the Euros.

This x 100. Suits kick and rush football only, if someone is mentally unhinged enough to pay £20m for him then it will make my summer.

He's barely worth half that, 20m ffs.

The market doesn't reflect fans opinions, he's 26 and a France regular. Outside of Newcastle he's probably regarded as a very good player still, even in this country. When you consider that the asking price for a 29 yr old striker who has never played top level football is £15m, then you might want to reconsider.

And fans opinions doesn't necessarily reflect the actual ability of a player as well, clouded by personal emotion towards the player.

France regular, captain of his club (after Benitez came in), most assists, most created chances, most successful dribbles. But nah, Paul fucking Dummett is a better player :lol:

Hes stroppy cunt, his heart is not in it and he wants to leave. Fine, fuck him. Even though he is good, he is by no means irreplaceable, especially not in the championship.

Let him leave as long as Benitez gets what he is asking for. He won't be missed, but let's call a spade a spade. In the current squad, with the possible exception of Townsend and Lascelles who have only played a handful of matches for us (too early to judge imo), he is the best player we have.

Quite like the club's press release on the issue of Sissoko (and possibly other high profile players) wanting to leave.  Essentially, you're all contracted to us for x number of years, we want a strong squad for next season and we will decide who stays and leaves. 

Even if the actual plan is to sell Sissoko, it's exactly the right way to go about talking in the media.

Quite like the club's press release on the issue of Sissoko (and possibly other high profile players) wanting to leave.  Essentially, you're all contracted to us for x number of years, we want a strong squad for next season and we will decide who stays and leaves. 

Even if the actual plan is to sell Sissoko, it's exactly the right way to go about talking in the media.

:thup:

Plus we get what the player's actually worth and not what him and his agent would prefer as a personal favour to them so they can play for their dream team.

The trouble is that Sissoko has looked 'good' in a shit team...

The minute he goes to a club which has a 'Good' team, he will be exposed for the fraud he actually is...

Let him leave as long as Benitez gets what he is asking for. He won't be missed, but let's call a spade a spade. In the current squad, with the possible exception of Townsend and Lascelles who have only played a handful of matches for us (too early to judge imo), he is the best player we have.

Best  player we have??

:thup:

Such a contrast to Pardew:

"Alan Pardew concedes he cannot guarantee Newcastle will not sell star player Yohan Cabaye and admits he will be nervous until the transfer window closes.

And, when asked if he could issue a definite ‘not for sale’ message, Pardew said: ‘Like all Premier League clubs, everyone is for sale at some price.

‘We’re conscious that we have a good team and want to keep it together because we are not that far behind the guys that have been so dominant in the top seven this season.

And Pardew, whose side remain in eighth on 36 points, went on: ‘I’m nervous in all transfer windows as manager of Newcastle and I’ll be nervous until it shuts."

Wonder how my work would react if I gave nothing to the role for two years and just sat at my desk saying 'I want to leave to go to...'.

If your employer had said in the interview that they were specifically looking to bring you in purely to move you on at their benefit later I'm sure they wouldn't mind what you said at your desk.

Sissoko's attitude to NUFC is a classic example of how bringing players in with no ambition to improve the club but purely to make a profit on them can easily backfire. See also Mr Wijnaldum.

Wonder how my work would react if I gave nothing to the role for two years and just sat at my desk saying 'I want to leave to go to...'.

If your employer had said in the interview that they were specifically looking to bring you in purely to move you on at their benefit later I'm sure they wouldn't mind what you said at your desk.

Sissoko's attitude to NUFC is a classic example of how bringing players in with no ambition to improve the club but purely to make a profit on them can easily backfire. See also Mr Wijnaldum.

agree. Thing is Sissoko can be outstanding when he is up for it. He lacks some attributes but overall he is a great footballer - we have all seen it. Unfortunately we had to wait for the last match of the season. His debut was also quiet impressive too! No doubt the club have promised him a move - but maybe the right move wasn´t there for the last two windows?

There is no excuse for his disgraceful behavior for most of last season...which plays a huge part in our relegation imo.

Hopefully he will find a new club this summer and we will get a good price for him to reinvest in the squad.