Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Houlier reckons it's (signing all these French players) is a recipe for disaster with regards to the dressing room... I do have my concerns we go to far down the same road...

I can definitely see the concerns there, especially given the debacles that have occurred in the French national team of late, but I think you can look at it the other way round also. If memory serves, it was mostly the older french players who made such a complete shitfest out of their last two tournaments, so we could be seeing a scenario where this new generation of players in their early-mid twenties, cabs, hba, debs, mbiwa gels and becomes a powerhouse that just happens to belong to our club.

I guess what I am getting at is it could be a big positive or a big negative, but I kind of like the idea of having a group of young hungry players who are ready to make their mark on the international stage as well as at our club, and who will be playing together for both. Seems like it could make for good chemistry and the hopeless optimist in me sees NUFC poised to capitalize on a bit of a french golden age (or at least revival) over the next 5-6 years or so.

A ton of big "ifs" I know, but I just can't bring myself to see the acquisition of debuschy and mbiwa as a negative, and if they are all playing together in the national side it makes me think we have a better chance of holding on to HBA over the next few years, as he'll be well settled in with his mates here.

Houlier reckons it's (signing all these French players) is a recipe for disaster with regards to the dressing room... I do have my concerns we go to far down the same road...

I can definitely see the concerns there, especially given the debacles that have occurred in the French national team of late, but I think you can look at it the other way round also. If memory serves, it was mostly the older french players who made such a complete shitfest out of their last two tournaments, so we could be seeing a scenario where this new generation of players in their early-mid twenties, cabs, hba, debs, mbiwa gels and becomes a powerhouse that just happens to belong to our club.

I guess what I am getting at is it could be a big positive or a big negative, but I kind of like the idea of having a group of young hungry players who are ready to make their mark on the international stage as well as at our club, and who will be playing together for both. Seems like it could make for good chemistry and the hopeless optimist in me sees NUFC poised to capitalize on a bit of a french golden age (or at least revival) over the next 5-6 years or so.

A ton of big "ifs" I know, but I just can't bring myself to see the acquisition of debuschy and mbiwa as a negative, and if they are all playing together in the national side it makes me think we have a better chance of holding on to HBA over the next few years, as he'll be well settled in with his mates here.

You see this, this post right here, this is a good post  O0