Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Guest bimpy474

Yeah that's what I think unfortunately, though Debuchy would play (if he's still here) I think would work well with the right players in the right position. Ideal way to get MYM settled is to give him 2cba with him to cover as he likes to attack the ball early. Won't happen though as pardew is fucking brainless

The way Pardew lined up was with the supposed tallest and more defensive in the middle of the three (Williamson), thus having your better ball players as the two outside. I actually agree with that if your middle defender is there to defend and not bring the ball out, which is definitely how Pardew will play three at the back. Uber defensive the cowardly cunt.

It is 5 but of course it's transitional when attacking. Whether or not pardew can implement it is very doubtful of course

Aye, transitional.  Just need to find a creative CB with an eye for a finish and we're golden.

With any bit of fwd thinking youd have Willo and Colo playing deeper than MYM who'd play in front of them as he's the pace to recover.

Debuchy and Santon as wingers really. The other 5 players out there need to be able to attack well and keep the ball.

With any bit of fwd thinking youd have Willo and Colo playing deeper than MYM who'd play in front of them as he's the pace to recover.

Debuchy and Santon as wingers really. The other 5 players out there need to be able to attack well and keep the ball.

I'd feel much better with a better lb than Santon if we tried it

I hope Yanga doesn't leave, because IF we do get Cabella, they'll have played together in the past (same club wasn't it?) so may have a good understanding between them.

That'd make too much sense though, to have yanga at cb, cabella in the middle, so yanga can push through when going forward and play simple balls into cabella to work his magic.

He's had some absolute wank performances mixed in with some brilliant ones. I'd 100% stick with him for at least another 2 seasons before writing him off.

I just hope he understands the laws of physics a little better this season.

Be gutted if he left tbh. If we had an abundance of top defenders and he just couldn't get in fair enough, but...

Williamson is honestly my first choice centre back now, this time last season I would have probably released him.

I don't even mind the others too much, just certain things that grate on me, little things.

Be gutted if he left tbh. If we had an abundance of top defenders and he just couldn't get in fair enough, but...

Williamson is honestly my first choice centre back now, this time last season I would have probably released him.

I don't even mind the others too much, just certain things that grate on me, little things.

Personally I'd rather we buy a decent centre half to play next to Mbiwa.

Williamson isnt good enough to be starting for us.

General opinion of Mbiwa is that based on his performances so far for NUFC, he hasn't been fantastic. But that is no fault of his own, the kid is CB and unfortunately been 'Pardewed'.

My opinion is for him to be played alongside Colo for next season, and for the following season use him as our main CB. In the meantime he would have benefited from regular play time but also gained vastly from playing alongside Colo. As Colo would then be away next season (or more than likely).

I do though however feel for Williamson as he has improved significantly over the last season but not everyone can play and like for any manager sacrifices would have to be made.

As someone already mentioned, how bad was Debuchy in his first few performances? He was absolutely shocking! look at him now though.

Mapou has hardly been given time to settle in. In his longest spell he was starting to shine, and then got shafted! It's a joke.

As someone already mentioned, how bad was Debuchy in his first few performances? He was absolutely shocking! look at him now though.

Mapou has hardly been given time to settle in. In his longest spell he was starting to shine, and then got shafted! It's a joke.

Look at how bad Colo was at times in his first season.  The lad needs to play regularly and in his proper position to be given a chance to improve and adjust to the league.

I think this is the rare example where we "planned ahead" as everyone was expecting Colo to go.  Now he seems to be staying, the club don't know what to do with MYM so their response is to get rid.  Ashley must be furious we bought a player than ended up not being needed.  I can't imagine he will let that happen again.

Look at how bad Colo was at times in his first season.  The lad needs to play regularly and in his proper position to be given a chance to improve and adjust to the league.

I think this is the rare example where we "planned ahead" as everyone was expecting Colo to go.  Now he seems to be staying, the club don't know what to do with MYM so their response is to get rid.  Ashley must be furious we bought a player than ended up not being needed.  I can't imagine he will let that happen again.

It's simple really, get rid of the older guy who looks like he is deteriorating! They're all a bunch of idiots.

I think I'd be more miffed if we lose MYM than I was when we lost Cabaye. With the latter, it was always an inevitability and we got the most out of him while he was here. Can't say the same for MYM. Been totally wasted here.